MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can not change background color through global.css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried multiple times to do this.

I went into Admin CP and then to global.css. There I changed the background and color to #006633 and it did not work.

Is there a bug?, if so, what should I do? is there a fix?

Thanks.
Copy the code you put in. Are you sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes are CHMODd to 777??
(2008-11-16, 10:33 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Copy the code you put in. Are you sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes are CHMODd to 777??

Well I checked under tools and maintenance and found the CHMOD settings to be fine. Is it accurate to check under tools and maintenance? or should I manually check the files on the server?

All I did was enter the color code in the boxes - #006633.
Yeah checking there should be fine. How exactly didn't it work?? Did it just not change??
(2008-11-16, 04:21 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah checking there should be fine. How exactly didn't it work?? Did it just not change??

Yeah - it just didn't change. I am assuming all I need to do is enter the new color code, right? or is there more to it?

Thanks.
personally would use the 'advanced' ... worth a try ?
(2008-11-22, 11:41 AM)-Steve- Wrote: [ -> ]personally would use the 'advanced' ... worth a try ?

I tried this, but it still doesn't change.

I actually gave up trying to change it, since I could not figure it out, I am back to trying now.

I think I am changing the wrong thing!
Post exactly how it looks when you're done, just the block you're editing... make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777, might make a difference, I dunno...