MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image Attachments in Lightbox. [Tutorial]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-03-18, 07:37 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I made a plugin that does the job without modify any template. Also users who are nor allowed to see attachments are handled (there isn't the bug that was reported here in the plugin):

Lightbox 2
Currently using this and it works like a charm
I have a problem with IE users.
"internet explorer cannot open the internet site. Operation aborted"
Only works if I remove from headerinclude
script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/lb/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/lb/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/lb/lightbox.js"></script>
(2009-03-18, 07:37 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I made a plugin that does the job without modify any template. Also users who are nor allowed to see attachments are handled (there isn't the bug that was reported here in the plugin):

Lightbox 2

When I tried to download this (after following the above link), I get a malicious code warning from Chrome.  It does appear to download tho (or maybe it blocked one thing, but not the other) but doesn't seem to work (even after changing version to 1* and activation).

I'll see about coding it myself. Smile
I realize this thread was started a long time ago but I'm wanting to open images in a lightbox or some type of modal popup too. Is there a plugin like this that will work in MyBB 1.8.8?
I'm going to try the original tutorial. And if that doesn't work, attempt to code it myself. The two "plugins" that are available don't work, and I don't know of any other plugin.
I don't know enough about coding to attempt it myself. I hope you will share if you come up with something that will work.
(2016-11-05, 12:07 AM)bobnewbie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know enough about coding to attempt it myself. I hope you will share if you come up with something that will work.

The original tutorial works.  I just need to tweak it a bit as it doesn't seem to resize larger attachments.  But, like I said, it works! Smile
I tried installing the resize.js and modifying the templates and css. It didn't do anything for me at all. Did you install the lightbox2 plugin and get it to work?
The original tutorial worked for me, except when I had more than one attachment in a thread (two different attachments in two different posts) it went bonkers and broke.

Also, it doesn't seem to resize a picture so you can upload a really big picture and the lightbox displays it at full rez.

I'm gonna try it myself with other code and will make a tutorial if it works. Smile
Thank you for your efforts. I hope you are able to get it to work. I'll be watching for the tutorial.
Pages: 1 2 3