MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TEMPLATE Manager prohibiting access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
this came up earlier in some other thread as a side-issue...but I'd still like to get it fixed...

I am trying to EXPAND the 'User Control Panel Templates' to make the necessary changes so the reputation-part doesn't show up at all....but every time I click on the 'EXPAND' button next to this template-set....I get an error message like this:

Quote:Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/admin/templates.php on this server.

(I've changed manually the error-message to hide the true path of my admin-pages)

Anyone???

Cheers,
kimmo
I get this on some of my installs too. Although, that error shouldn't come from MyBB. And if you can access the other parts of the file, you shouldn't be getting that error either. Its very odd.
That's more like a Chmod permission thing ?? You haven't by chance uploaded the file in binary? and it's broken that section of code.

I would try uploading a fresh templates.php in ascii (Not Auto) to the admin folder.

See what happens... Wink
I've tested some more. Its not a CHMOD problem, since all the MyBB files have the same permissions. Its not an upload problem, since I used on localhost and simply copied/moved the files. Its not MyBB or it would happen for everyone. Maybe it is server related Confused Its very odd.
To say the least. But I was actually suggesting to Kimmo to try a new file to see if there's any changes to the access permissions.... It may help to narrow it down. Toungue
nope.....did a fresh upload of the templates.php ...no difference...
took extra steps to transfer it in ascii as well...no difference

cheers,
Kimmo
It sounds like a server error 403. Have you played with .htaccess or have any scripts that use a .htaccess? Remember sometimes these files may be hidden from your file manager.
my admin directory is indeed protected by .htaccess -file as well....but this only recently...and the problem existed before as well..
however the error is 403....but why does it only prevent me from expanding the usercp-templates...but none of the others...
and just tried it....removed the .htaccess but the error remains...
it wouldn't be possible that the usercp name is causing a conflict in some security-feature that is installed on the server....ie. mod_security?
Just out of curiosity, how many places would I have to edit (a ballpark figure) if I wanted to change the name of the templateset from usercp to for example membercp?

cheers,
Kimmo
usercp_ templates are mostly used on usercp.php, so you can search in there.
Pages: 1 2 3