MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default theme black background = i need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I'm kinda new with MyBB. I installed MyBB and liked the default skin with some modification to it. I put black background to it and thats the problem.

The icons explanation over the footer has black background but the threads will have white background.

I would need to make two different icons. One with white background and one with black background. Is it possible to do that with MyBB?

I know GIF pictures supports transparancy background but in this case it won't work, I've tried it (i will make my own icons).

Thank you so much! Really great software saving me a lot of time!

(Sorry for bad english) =)

/AphX
(2008-11-17, 12:37 AM)aphx Wrote: [ -> ]I would need to make two different icons. One with white background and one with black background. Is it possible to do that with MyBB?

You'll probably need to create two seperate images to do this, unless you're using two different skins (one light / one dark). You could always use PNG transparency - although it's not really viable in IE6...
(2008-11-17, 09:05 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-17, 12:37 AM)aphx Wrote: [ -> ]I would need to make two different icons. One with white background and one with black background. Is it possible to do that with MyBB?

You'll probably need to create two seperate images to do this, unless you're using two different skins (one light / one dark). You could always use PNG transparency - although it's not really viable in IE6...

Yeah, I realized that. PNG would be nice but I still have some visitors using IE6, that really sucks.

I've made two seperate images but I dont know how to add them. Should I do it somewhere in a template or in the source php code?

Thank you so much!
There's plenty of CSS hacks you can do to get IE6 to implement PNG transparency though...

It's easiest if you add them into the templates. If you view the source code of your page through your browser, you should see little comments in it - something like <!-- start: header_welcomeblock_member -->.

This tells you what template the code comes from, which makes it easier to find the place you're wanting to add the images...
sorry ... confused ... why not just change background of the icons legend or the thread so they are both the same ... then make your images to work with background ... unless misreading your question
(2008-11-17, 12:21 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]There's plenty of CSS hacks you can do to get IE6 to implement PNG transparency though...

It's easiest if you add them into the templates. If you view the source code of your page through your browser, you should see little comments in it - something like <!-- start: header_welcomeblock_member -->.

This tells you what template the code comes from, which makes it easier to find the place you're wanting to add the images...

Oh my god! I'll try one of those CSS hacks cuz I really love PNG =) Thank you so much for your support! It's really appreciated!
(2008-11-17, 01:17 PM)-Steve- Wrote: [ -> ]sorry ... confused ... why not just change background of the icons legend or the thread so they are both the same ... then make your images to work with background ... unless misreading your question

Well, I could make the backgrounds the same color but I really want the thread backgrounds white and everything else black =)

The problem with GIF is that I have a small drop shadow on the images that will be gray something on black background.

Sorry for my really bad English =)