MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do I attract more visitors to my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've tried posting it on forums and put it under their website announcement boards but it gets few views and practically no replies. how do I attract more traffic to my forums. the forums will never grow at this rate Sad please help if you can.

Also is there some way to attract people to post? It's like very inactive here. But there's so many people online!
Go to forum promotion sites. There are all kinds, google them. Also be as active as possible. Go to www.adminfusion.com and request post exchanges. www.theadminzone.com is also a great site. Post on other peoples forums for exchange they post on yours.

Active active active!
Okay Thanks Big Grin

Do you have a forum? Maybe I could use that "Post on other peoples forums for exchange they post on yours." thing to you Toungue I've never done it before!
Search engines + content = visitors.
Aside from SEO tips (which are easy) you can do SEM (Search engine marketing) as well as signature promotion, and promotion by word of mouth (worked well for me Big Grin).
Okay. I've already submitted it to 4 search engines. (Google, Yahoo!, Dogpile, and Seach) over a month ago and it hasn't helped a bit. So any other suggestions?
Content then. If those bots haven't got anything to read, you won't get indexed.
Here! This should help you.
How to attract visitors? Unfortunately, that's something you have to figure out. Every one of those millions (if not billions) of websites out there are trying to get as much traffic as they can, thus it's up to you to think up something that you put you ahead of the pack.
Submit to more search engines www.addme.com
Pages: 1 2