MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I overwrote the image directory with a theme now its all screwed up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I downloaded a theme and screwed it up. I didnt know that you had to make a new image directory for a theme, I just put all the images in the /image directory and overwrote everything now I don't know if I screwed something up.

Should I make a fresh new install?
Never mind guys what a stupid question. All I have to do is upload the images from the default mybb and make a new directory for the theme. Sorry.
I get that sometimes when I install other forums in the past. Try and compare the files from the installation pack and your theme and see what are redundant and remove/replace them...

Or you can try to rename the old folder to images_backup, and reupload a fresh copy of the images folder, and transfer the theme folder over later.

Don't waste your time with fresh new install unless you think there are too many files to cope with or you can afford the time uploading/installing all over again...
In ACP go to Themes & Styles then click "Create New Theme" or something like that. It'll create the same thing as the MyBB Default theme..