MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registering users do not receive their activation emails or they are blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of the 44 registered users we have 5 have not received their activation emails and 1 received it and it was blank. Have any other people experienced this problem before? Could this have something to do with my hosting or is it a possible MyBB bug.

I've been manually activating people's accounts if they email our support address but I was hoping to figure out what the issue was.

Thanks for any advice!
Well, if others are getting them fine, then its not your server or MyBB. Its their email client/service. For eg, gmail has marked emails from MyBB as spam and they get sent to the spam bin. Tell them to check out their spam/trash bin.
It may be a problem with the host at that particular time the mail was sent, the mail server was down. But you should always get them to check their junk/spam folder always first.
It seems like 10% of the emails aren't getting through. I'll make sure to have them check their junk mail.

Also, this might be a bug but when people don't receive their mail they usually go to their user cp and change their email address and request the activation again. When it comes it'll be blank.

(I haven't tested this myself but couple of our users have mailed me telling me their problem).