MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problem with upgrading to the latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I've done what you wrote

" http://www.rollerman.be/forum/install/upgrade.php "

but then I have to enter my username and password to begin the upgrade process.

I did that too

But it doesn't recognize my username and password

Is there a way to by pass it ?
Yes but why did you upload a backup when I said it would probably be ok as it was if it hadn't been changed in any way?? I initially said to upload it because you said your topics and members were gone but this could have been caused by some sort of misconfiguration, the database itself should have been fine unless you ran a script that edits it, i.e. ./install/index.php or ./install/upgrade.php. We could at least have seen if it was ok before you uploaded a potentially corrupted/incomplete backup. The database should have been a 1.2.x one, and it should have only needed the upgrader to make it work with 1.4.3.

And you can't bypass it as it needs to know that a valid administrator is running the script.

Also in future, make sure your backup is complete by uploading it to a test forum to make sure it's complete. Same goes for making major upgrades like 1.2.x to 1.4.x, always do a test upgrade first to make sure it works.

It's also a good idea to actually make sure you know what your previous version was too...
(2008-11-17, 10:33 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but why did you upload a backup
There is a misunderstanding here
I didn't upload the backup file of the db, I uploaded the instal files.
Quote:when I said it would probably be ok as it was if it hadn't been changed in any way?? I initially said to upload it because you said your topics and members were gone but this could have been caused by some sort of misconfiguration, the database itself should have been fine unless you ran a script that edits it, i.e. ./install/index.php or ./install/upgrade.php. We could at least have seen if it was ok before you uploaded a potentially corrupted/incomplete backup.

And you can't bypass it as it needs to know that a valid administrator is running the script.

What I have do I uploaded the files with FTP, I followed what I had to do, sometimes I had to back to make some files writable. And at the end it didn't work.
So I uploaded again the files.
And I think I made there a mistake.
Because there I had to fill in localhost and ...

Do think I lost all the data ?
Sorry for the mis understanding
But thank you for your pations
(2008-11-17, 10:51 PM)rollerman Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't upload the backup file of the db

You said this a few posts back:

(2008-11-17, 09:56 PM)rollerman Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to import the backup file, but I think it doesn't work because this is what I get from that file

SQL-query:

CREATE TABLE 4images_categories (
cat_id int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
cat_name varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default '',
cat_description text NOT NULL ,
cat_parent_id int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
cat_hits int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
cat_order int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
auth_viewcat tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_viewimage tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_download tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_upload tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_directupload tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_vote tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_sendpostcard tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_readcomment tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
auth_postcomment tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( cat_id ) ,
KEY cat_parent_id ( cat_parent_id ) ,
KEY cat_order ( cat_order )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie
#1050 - Table '4images_categories' already exists

So you said here you uploaded the backup.
I checked out the file what was in it.
and that was the result
But you got an error message:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that only happen when importing a database backup?? That wouldn't actually be in the backup would it??

And you actually stated that you tried to import it.
(2008-11-17, 11:01 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]But you got an error message:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that only happen when importing a database backup?? That wouldn't actually be in the backup would it??

And you actually stated that you tried to import it.

I thought by viewing this in my php I was able to see what's in the file.
So by mistake I imported this file. miljaarde
So that means I f... up and I loose what was in my db
Well if you imported it into your database, which I think you have done as you got an error message saying the table already exists, then you have probably overwritten some of it.
(2008-11-17, 11:12 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you imported it into your database, which I think you have done as you got an error message saying the table already exists, then you have probably overwritten some of it.

No, I didn't get an error message.
That is what I don't understand.
Tomorrow I will call the guys from the server and ask if they can find some backup db on there server

Anyway I would like to thank you for your time and trouble.

I'll keep you posted of the result. Thanks again
Hang on a minute, in your first post, did you mean you ran install/index.php??

(2008-11-17, 08:37 PM)rollerman Wrote: [ -> ]So I re tranfered the files and I got a new installation.

Because this would have created empty tables and you would have had an empty database this whole time anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5