MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alexa trend of Mybb vs SMF vs PHPBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
IMHO...this says it all.

[Image: 406-111708-140834.png]
Alexa ranking doesn't mean anything. Other sites can have thousands of more visitors of whom might not have the toolbar installed.
(2008-11-17, 10:21 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Alexa ranking doesn't mean anything. Other sites can have thousands of more visitors of whom might not have the toolbar installed.

Alexa pulls its stats from more than just the toolbar.
(2008-11-17, 10:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-17, 10:21 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Alexa ranking doesn't mean anything. Other sites can have thousands of more visitors of whom might not have the toolbar installed.
Alexa pulls its stats from more than just the toolbar.
QFT. It used to only use the toolbar in the past, but I too have heard that it's moved to more than just a toolbar. Smile
It requires either the toolbar or plugin. To my previous knowledge. Wink
Quote:On April 16, 2008 many users reported dramatic shifts in their Alexa rankings. Alexa confirmed this later in the day with an announcement that they had released the "New Alexa Ranking System" claiming that they now take into account more data sources.
Confused
I wasn't arguing, I was concluding my previous statement that I may be wrong due to my previous (possibly outdated) gained knowledge about the matter.
Yeah, well I was just saying that it still doesn't seem right. Who knows. Smile
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost....ostcount=7

There must be something messed up with their charts. As phpbb, smf, vb, and ipb all dropped massively around the same time. Wink
I think the algo change is really what made the difference...maybe beforehand they were having trouble or they were converting and it took time. Hard to say. In my view though current Alexa ranks are more accurate today than a year ago and Mybb stands up pretty well against the giants in that regard. So A+ for Mybb either way you look at it.
Pages: 1 2