MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a few things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Is there a plugin or way to make calender events, when created, a post in the forum? That is to say, upon the even being entered in the calendar it duplicate itself as a post in the forum?

2. Is there a plugin or way that when a new person registers and post automatically be made in like a welcome area of the forum, something to the effect of "Welcome our newest member "username""? SMF had a plugin like that and I always thought that was kind of a neat idea as many of the forums I participate in have areas where you can go introduce yourself. Being able to do it automatically upon registration and confirmation would be awesome.

Thanks everyone.
You could always take a look around the various websites MyBB has for plugins. A list can be found at http://www.mybboard.net/downloads on the left.

Also, the "Mods" section here (tab at the top) lists some good plugins too.

I know one exists somewhere for the second plugin you want, but not too sure about the first...
1. Never heard of one existing but you never know.

2. You can send them a welcome PM, I think that's as close as there is... http://mods.mybboard.net/view/pm-on-registration
Thank you guys for the input and responses. I looked through the mods/plugin section and didnt see anything that fit the bill. I bought a membership at mybbcentral.com and I'll go back through everything there too and see if anything stands out but I didnt come across anything the first time through.

I had come across the welcome PM and I think I'll use that at least, not exactly what I wanted but it gets the job done.

Thanks again everyone.
Yes, PM on registration would be what I would recommend as well.

For your first search- connecting calendar with forum check out this:
MyBBcoder.info

I didn't try it yet but it could do what you wanted to have Smile

Good luck!
Well indeed that may be what I need there. I had to translate the page using bablefish, and it appears you have to register to download the file but I will probably give that one a try. Thanks for that LS 134, much appreciated.