MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ET-Chat and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a quick tutorial how to "bridge" Et-Chat 3.x with MyBB 1.4:
1. Install MyBB
2. Download ET-Chat from here: SE Design
3. Upload to a folder chat in your mybbdirectory, e.g. mybboard/chat
4. Open this index.php: [attachment=11708]
5. Change the following things to your need:
yourhost, yourusername, yourpassword, yourdatabase, yourmybbprefix, youroutputpage.
6. Install ET-Chat (Doesn't matter which database, you can use the one MyBB is running on or another one.), log in as admin and change the setting to your needs.
7. Rename index.php to something different, for example admin.php. If you need to login as admin one more time you have to use this file.
8. Upload the index.php by me with your changes
9. Put the following code into your menu (header template) or whereever you want it to be):
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/chat/index.php" target="_blanc"><font color=#ffffff>Chat</font></a>

Now you are done, everything should work fine Smile
ET-Chat is a powerfull AJAX / Php chat that works very nice with MyBB.
You can find more explanations and a german version of this at Zaiendo. Have fun!
The website for Et Chat is all in German; are the controls in the chat program in English?
ET-Chat comes with an english language pack Smile
Controls are also in english if you switch to english.

If you need any assistance in setting up ET-Chat let me know.
For better or worse I already paid the five bucks Flash Chat asks (free upgrades for life), so I'll stick with it for now.
Well, everybody shall take what he wants Smile
I personally dislike IRC, Java or Flash-chats since they all need plugins.
With ET-Chat you only need a browser with javascript enabled, something every modern browser has.

So long
error
===
Fatal error: Class 'InitChatDB' not found in /home/ofgubk/public_html/frm/chat/index.php on line 89
===
Please help

Above problem was solved
It was displaying the message to all users
How access to our live chat rooms for specific groups?

- Es konnte keine Verbindung zur Datenbank hergestellt werden -
This was written for a older version of ET Chat and MyBB (look at the posting - 2008).

There is a working version here at MybbAddons.com:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-4.html

Contact me via PM if there are any issues.