MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what do you know about servage.net ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all.
I have hosted my forum on hostmonster.com for 6 month
the last two monthes the server was Continuously in high load
that causing a lot of my mybb forum ajax function not working properly.
and for the last 4 days, I was receiving a lot of mysql max connection error
(while my traffic average are decreasingly)

than, today they send me a message to tell that they have permanently suspend my account because of MYSQL usage, without any little detailed reason.

so I'm looking for any good alternative host.

I think servage.net is the best choice I have found.
because of it's good pricing and features.
so if anyone know any bad facts about it, please tell me, I don't like to spend more money for bad hosts.

or if you have used another good host that in suitable price and can deal with little busy mybb forum I'll like to here your suggestion.

about my forum, it have some little plugins almost of the plugins not running more then two or three additional queries.
and my traffic between 3000 to 6000 visitor per day
and between 10000 to 16000 page view per day.
Servage has a reputation for overselling and then suspending users. Probably a really bad choice.

I'm curious if hostgator can handle this on their $9.95 per month plan?
You could register here, post the stats, and ask for a response. Their staff is really good about answering fairly fast.

Please, let me know if you plan on posting those numbers in their forum, because if you don't I eventually will.
1st thanks seeker for your reply.
2nd I have read some reviews (in arabic site) about hostgator
someone that have a busy forum hosted with their service (with very close amount of traffic like my forum)
after the 1st three month, they temporarily suspend his account
and asked him to upgrade his shared host plan to an Dedicated Server.
which is at least 174 per month.
and I can't handle this cost for now.

and because of what you are saying about servage.net I don't think I'll go with them.
am doing my best to read a lot of hosting reviews
so any more information will really help me.
Can you provide bandwidth and space requirements?
Here are some good recommended hosts:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-30827.html

Inzil la tahet shwaiy lat shoof al hosting lel-defia.
(2008-11-18, 07:39 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide bandwidth and space requirements?

for the space I never reached 1 GB, for the traffic it's often not more then 50 GB per month.

(2008-11-18, 08:30 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Here are some good recommended hosts:

yes I saw this topic, and I started looking after h9 and yrhost.com
but the second one (yrhost.com) looks like they do not have any live chat for sales or support, am not sure about it but their plans are really reasonable
(2008-11-18, 08:31 PM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-18, 07:39 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide bandwidth and space requirements?

for the space I never reached 1 GB, for the traffic it's often not more then 50 GB per month.

(2008-11-18, 08:30 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Here are some good recommended hosts:

yes I saw this topic, and I started looking after h9 and yrhost.com
but the second one (yrhost.com) looks like they do not have any live chat for sales or support, am not sure about it but their plans are really reasonable

I would recommend Computinghost. They used to have better plans, but now their newer plans aren't feature filled. But, they do not oversell, and there is barely any dowtime, or overload of the servers.
My host is VectorLevel.

http://vectorlevel.com/virtualshared.php

The prices may seem steep compared to some plans you've looked at because they don't oversell. You get to use your space and bandwidth guaranteed, however you want. The service is absolutely bar-none the best service I have ever received from any company in my life. Recommend them in a heartbeat.
Dreamhost has been fine for me. Stay clear of Servage. I have had them a couple years and they started to suck when they moved to a new NOC with a cogent backend. SQL is incredibly slow.
(2008-11-18, 09:23 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Dreamhost has been fine for me. Stay clear of Servage. I have had them a couple years and they started to suck when they moved to a new NOC with a cogent backend. SQL is incredibly slow.

Tell me about it i am moving to a vps as soon as my plan runs out on them

So yea do not go with servage. and i know a number of people on dreamhost and they say there not to bad but to seem to change there hardware a lot.
Pages: 1 2