MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply vers1.4.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. I first had a thread, posted

2. the same member tried to add a embed video code to the same thread within two minutes, and used the quick reply button,,,
the code wouldnt show up, then after a quick reply again it the embed code shows up but not the video.. and teh edit butons are all missing, nothing is there except the thread only?

3. so I had went to the forum acp and made sure the html was checked and clicked save...

4. went back to the thread and now, no control buttons at the bottom of the right of the post or thread to edit or delete or what ever, they are all missing??? what is going on here??
why would this happen?

ask me for a link in private,,, i dont list my site here or url good cause and reasons...Thanks for the support.
I have had nothing but issues with my board after a fresh install and a new update as well??? with attachments etc;
RE the post buttons, is the code for the buttons in your postbit and postbit_classic template??
they show up in other posts and threads??? this jsut happend out of the blue, how could this do this by itself??? wtf is going on here? do i got ghosts in my board? or a bad luck charm in my pocket
i got a postbit_classic but its not there? i am using the afresh custom templates??? any issues there?

does this look right? :

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
<span class="smalltext">
{$post['usertitle']}<br />
{$post['userstars']}
{$post['groupimage']}
{$post['useravatar']}<br />
{$post['user_details']}
</span>
</td>
<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></span>
<br />
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
{$post['message']}
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
{$post['iplogged']}
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></td>
<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr valign="bottom">
<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</span></td>
<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
EVERYTHING IS THERE! and the only thing that it could be is the script of the embed code? why? whats the problem? or BUG?

why me? or my forum? why is the buttons disappearing after posting a quick reply with the embed code added to the thread post? why??? why why????

how fix this??? how can i delete the thread??? with no DELETE BUTTON?
How can i simply Delete the thread altogether???
since theres no delete button or edit button?
can i get some support for this issue???? any ideas whats the prob and how to fix this and or whats causing this?
The attachments changed because of a security problem. It's impossible (or a lot of work) to put it back the way it was and to have a secure forum - I opt for the secure forum Wink

Not 100% sure what caused it - there was a CNN tag of script and no script, and it seems the noscript was stopping the page from loading. After removing the noscript - and script - it works again...

Undecided
If you go to editpost.php?pid=X and change the X to the ID of the post, you'll get the full edit page and you can delete it there.
(2008-11-19, 10:26 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to editpost.php?pid=X and change the X to the ID of the post, you'll get the full edit page and you can delete it there.

That didn't work... I had to remove it from the database... MyBB musn't like the scripting tags... Undecided
so forget cnn embed vid tags altogether, right!?!

And Thanks Many for the support Tom, and Matt.
I guess so... YouTube videos have <object> which might work.
msnbc, youtube,google, they all work except CNN? i dont want to try another CNN Code again... I get worried i will have another conflict???

it happened on a back to back post of posting a thread then using the quick reply of one member using the same thread to multi post back to back.. they first used a text thread then the next was the script embed.

so it went from text to script,, and thats where it went goofy, i also been noticing alot of constant loading after multi posting like this too after using scripts for vids? during posting the please wait while loading and it never stops,until refreshing the page???
I'd say create a test forum and see if it breaks.
Pages: 1 2