MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload to Wampserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Absolute Newbie!! I'm using Wampserver on my desktop and am at the stage where I need to upload MyBB. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks.
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing

The Wiki is your friend, as is the documentation that actually comes with MyBB.

Put all the files into the www folder, or something similar, and go to ./install/index.php
Matt:

I PM'd you too, but just in case it didn't go through, I'm replying to your post.

Thanks for helping. I got the files into the www folder, but from there, I'm lost. In Wampserver, under "Projects" I found the mybb-1403 folder. I opened that and clicked on "upload" and I get the following error message:

[color]MyBBMyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.[/color]

(I hope what I did makes the above type red!)

Can you help me get from here to the "Welcome To The Installer Page" in MyBB? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

superdub
(Because you've turned off PMs...)

You need to go to ./install/index.php Smile Here you'll install your forum as well as enter database information so make sure you have that to hand.
Matt:

Absolutely, totally confused. Where is ./install/index.php? Do I type it into the browser address line? Is it in the file in the upload folder? If it's in the upload folder, I've already clicked on it and it says it needs to find out the name of the program that created it, etc. Can you tell me how to turn on the PMs, because I can't find an on/off button any where, and as far as I can tell, I'm sending PMs. If you can spend a few minutes guiding me through this stuff via PM, I'd be very grateful. As you can tell, when it comes to stuff like this, I'm a total doofus, and experts like you are a godsend. Hopefully talk to you soon. Thanks.
Yeah you just go to that file in your browser. So go to yoursite.com/install/index.php

UCP > Edit Options > Messaging and Notification > Receive private messages from other users. > *tick*.