MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error 1040 - too many connections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How come my forum does that?
How do I make that stop coming back?
Do you know any good host for mybb forum?
You can't really stop it from coming back. Try altering the Load Limiting in Server and Optimization Options, that will prevent users from loading your forums if your server goes over a certain limit. Hopefully it should stop the error - it's better to give some users access than just kick everyone out...

As regards to hosts, check the general sections here at the MyBB forums - there's topics there that list some good hosts...
You can't really stop it from coming back. Try altering the Load Limiting in Server and Optimization Options, that will prevent users from loading your forums if your server goes over a certain limit. Hopefully it should stop the error - it's better to give some users access than just kick everyone out...

What do you mean by it's better to give some users access than just kick everyone out...
If i do what you're telling me that will kick everyone out?

can you check my other post: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40711.html
Already checked and replied to your other topic... Smile

If you set the load limit to something sensible, then it will let a certain amount of people in without any problems, while denying anyone if it goes over that limit.

The best suggestion is to switch hosts...
Alright - I'll be looking into another host.
Another thing.
How do I install MYPS for 1.4?
Follow the instructions from where you downloaded it from Toungue

Normally it's a case of upload files -> Plugins -> Activate -> viola...

There's also (normally) a Readme file in the package you downloaded that tells you how to install it.

Smile
I figured.
forgot to upload some files.

Another question.
Do you know if they have plugins for the bank and stuff?
(2008-11-19, 04:35 PM)tiaralynn Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if they have plugins for the bank and stuff?

I do a lot of custom work, and don't really bother with plugins unless there's something I can't do.

The last time I heard, the bank is in progress, although Labrocca is a little bit behind schedule... just keep an eye out at MyBB Central, apparently November is MYPS month Toungue
Can someone explain what this means?

MyBB
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1040 - Too many connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Sleepy

Exactly what it says on the tin - too many people are trying to connect to your database at once, so it stops working...

To fix: change hosts to one that allows more people to connect.
Pages: 1 2