MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i right articles for the portal page ? i want to write articles on the portal that stay there for people to read,

Star *
You should write these articles to a specific forum and then you should write the forum's id to "Home » Board Settings » Portal Settings » Forum ID to pull announcements from" setting. Articles will be automatically taken to portal page.
Hi, I'm having a problem with my portal page, and I figured it'd be easier to just bump this thread. I searched and couldn't find a solution...

Anyway, the first day I had my portal page up, I was able to pull articles fine, but when I tried to add one, they all disappeared from the portal page and I've tried every thread in my forum and none are appearing. Any suggestions?
So the portal setting for the forum to pull announcements from is correct??
I'm not sure what you mean - they're set as the thread ID, and it worked fine for awhile, and when I added another thread to be announced, it somehow disabled them all.
It's not thread ID, it's the ID of the forum to show threads from. So if the forum where you will post the announcement to show on the portal is 2, you put 2 in the settings, and it'll show threads from that forum.
That fixed it, tyvm. I guess I had mistaken how it was done when I tried to change it.
Happy to help Smile