MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Club DC- The place to be.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Intro: Welcome to Club DC, the place to be. This site is one I made for people to come and just have fun. Something new that I am adding, and am sure no other board has it, is the ability to have your own private forums that only people you choose(admins can't be unchosen) to see them. You can come in and play games, talk about games, look at peoples forums, and many other things.

Forum Link: Club DC
Extra Comments: own private forums. Need staff to run board. Still is a new board, and is still in the making stage.
You need to develop this forum more before showing it off. There's nothing worth showing yet.
Not yet I know, I just was trying to get it out right now.
May I ask why you created the forum? I mean, it looks to me (IMHO) like one day you decided you had to create a forum, but the one you created has absolutely nothing of interest that's saying "come join my forum"!

Since it's so new, why not put some more thought into it, and turn it into a forum that may interest others, maybe make it about a hobby that you have, or a sport that you like, or something that you're interested in doing. Smile

Quote:owner of many inactive sites.

If this forum stays the way it is, it could well mean you've found a similar site!
As lufbra said, you need to actually put some effort into adding more content to get people to sign up and become active. At least customise it by maybe adding a different theme from the default one.
(2008-11-21, 05:10 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask why you created the forum? I mean, it looks to me (IMHO) like one day you decided you had to create a forum, but the one you created has absolutely nothing of interest that's saying "come join my forum"!

Since it's so new, why not put some more thought into it, and turn it into a forum that may interest others, maybe make it about a hobby that you have, or a sport that you like, or something that you're interested in doing. Smile

Quote:owner of many inactive sites.

If this forum stays the way it is, it could well mean you've found a similar site!

I am new at making sites, and I just wanted to make one for people to just come in and chill with people. This is also the first time I have used mybb, but I am trying to get it set up. As for my title, it just means, I have tried to make many sites, but none(except one) have turned out good. I will be adding more stuff in the future.

(2008-11-21, 05:31 AM).Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]As lufbra said, you need to actually put some effort into adding more content to get people to sign up and become active. At least customise it by maybe adding a different theme from the default one.

I am going to add more information, but I just made it the other day, and haven't had time to work on it due to school. There actually is more themes, but the default is the one set up for guests.
You have 1 member, you use the custom theme and you have low posts Smile
I just made it, what do you expect.
I don't see why people showcase a forum that has nothing to look at, and then complain when the comments aren't overly positive.
(2008-11-22, 06:24 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see why people showcase a forum that has nothing to look at, and then complain when the comments aren't overly positive.

QFT.

If you have nothing worth showing, don't show it! Not all ideas are good ones, and I don't feel obligated to act like they are.
Pages: 1 2 3