MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes and plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to set my forum apart and seen a nice theme in the mod section if i added the mod to my forum do plugins work ?

I know some mods for smf you need to edit files for them to work on themes

Im not that technical is there any plugins that dont work ? also can i change the banner to something i want on the theme ?

Sorry for the lack of knowledge any advice appreciated
If you set the theme to use a template theme that has plugin-code in, you'll be fine Smile All plugins should work with all themes and you can change the logo/banner in the theme settings.
So most themes should work and the portal will take on the theme aswell ?

Can anyone reccomend some themes that has plugin-code in ? i need something light,

Star *
Well all themes work, that's why they're available. Everything takes on the theme apart from the archive mode. And no themes have plugin code in, activating the plugins adds code to the templates, which is then shown in then theme.
Im worrying over nothing them because a big website in the same niche as me uses this default theme and i need my site to look different my site will be different content wise but look wise it will nearly be a double,

Will the portal take on the theme aswell ?
(2008-11-22, 08:44 PM)Star Wrote: [ -> ]Will the portal take on the theme aswell ?

Yep Smile
Cool thanks i really like the afresh black i hear there so easy to customize as im new to mybb and themes i just need something where all i need to do is add the plugin and go, shoutbox, the rest of the plugins im going to use are simple like the copyright one,

Star *