MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP-based Country Flag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want a simple mod that will display the poster's country flag in the post bit, based on their registered IP address.
CAN ANYBODY at least attempt this?

Here's exactly what I want - but obviously for myBB
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic...0&t=543807
Contact me if you got ideas... mailto:[email protected]
PLEASE REPLY TO THIS! Dodgy
What's so important that the flag has to be based on someone's IP address?
I believe there is such a mod at mybbsource.com but I could be wrong...
(2008-11-29, 09:17 AM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe there is such a mod at mybbsource.com but I could be wrong...

Nope, I checked...

I think I could be capable to write this plugin myself with a little bit of extra programming knowledge. Basically, there will be an extra table in my database with this information. Then I want a country flag to appear in the postbit, based on the IP that follows the range. The database will be based on this website's database
So can anyone help me set up this plugin?
(2008-11-30, 08:31 PM)Bodo Wrote: [ -> ]So can anyone help me set up this plugin?

Really, I cant believe the lack of support that myBB gives. This is a very simple idea, and I think its perfectly doable. It's been done in PhpBB3, and vBulletin. Lets make myBB better, and at least match them.
(2008-12-05, 01:54 AM)Bodo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-30, 08:31 PM)Bodo Wrote: [ -> ]So can anyone help me set up this plugin?

Really, I cant believe the lack of support that myBB gives. This is a very simple idea, and I think its perfectly doable. It's been done in PhpBB3, and vBulletin. Lets make myBB better, and at least match them.

It is not hard to do this. The issue is the number of queries for the data base. This will load your host. I will see if I can do it without using the database.

Were not in the market to match... we're in the market to exceed.

It's not about the support MyBB gives, it's whether or not someone is prepared to take the time to write a plugin. We can't make people do it.
Pages: 1 2