MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hello everyone - new user for MyBB.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Wink,

I have just recently decided to switch to MyBB from PHPBB3, so here I am Shy

Main reason for switching was the general feel of PHPBB, it just doesnt appeal to me and my other users, and feels unprofessional in the layout. (coding, and the design sense.)

Regards Cool
You made a great choice, welcome. Smile
Thanks seeker Big Grin, though i really think this Forum Script should recieve more hype, generally speaking its clean, simple, powerful, customizable.
Which meets all my requirements! (very few Forum Scripts meet this.)

So im just digging around the site + wiki now Smile

Edit: Are there any examples of sites running MyBB with over 500,000 posts?
Yes, MyBB does deserve more hype.
I forget which forum is biggest, but it has been a really good year for MyBB, and 2009 will be even better.
http://ncaabbs.com/

That's probably the largest but it seems something is wrong with its statistics right now. Tikitiki should probably fix that Toungue.
(2008-11-22, 05:23 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]http://ncaabbs.com/

That's probably the largest but it seems something is wrong with its statistics right now. Tikitiki should probably fix that Toungue.

Sometimes, on random intervals, the stats cache in the database gets out of sync with our filesystem cache. Like right now, when I look at the cache in the database it's correct but when I look at it in the file system it's wrong.

The only thing I can think of is it's a bug with php and var_export not handling bigger integers too well or for some reason it just screws up on random intervals under certain conditions. There are so many things that could be causing this, especially since I've only ever seen it on a forum of that size, it's almost impossible to reproduce or fix. I've tried before.

Interestingly enough however, we didn't have these issues when we were on mpm_worker, however apache/php kept generating segmentation errors and eventually crashing so apache and php were getting restarted often enough. When we're on mpm_prefork there aren't any segmentation errors but things like this creep up on random intervals.

The only explanation I can possibly have for it, is since we're on a duel-server setup (one server for php/apache and one for MySQL) and we're on a threaded SMP environment that things are getting crossed and causes it to reset itself. PHP is not known for being very good in threaded SMP environments as we learned with mpm_worker.
I didn't think it was anything big. I guessed it was more likely a server problem as I know you know your php Toungue. I got to get used to your name change still though. Blush
This script doesn't have hype. It's slowly growing because it's good.