MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] couple phpbb3 merge questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a couple questions about a merge from phpbb3. I have two boards that I'd eventually like to convert to mybb. One is phpbb3 and the other is IPB 2.3.6. I've run into a few issues with the IPB conversion, but it's completely new so that's to be expected. As for phpbb3, two questions.

1. Is/will it ever be possible to convert avatars?
2. I allow bbcode in signatures on my current sites. Any idea why sigs from phpbb3 with bbcode would convert like this?

~~[b:3qew7z4u][size=150:3qew7z4u]SUPERCHARGED BY STILLEN[/size:3qew7z4u][/b:3qew7z4u]~~
[u:3qew7z4u][b:3qew7z4u][url=http://www.picturetrail.com/sandiegan05fronty:3qew7z4u]Pics of my truck[/url:3qew7z4u][/b:3qew7z4u][/u:3qew7z4u]
05 LE 4x4 SuperFast StormGray, Sexy BFG AT's, PRG Lift and (Custom)PRG Traction Bars, oh yeah, "Custom" Zoomers Exhaust.....Love my awesome Frontier!!!!
Hot Pink painted Calipers.[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbPveWqJx0:3qew7z4u]SuperCharger Video/Sound[/url:3qew7z4u] 
1. Just move them from the phpbb 3 forum to the mybb forum (/uploads/avatars/) and if I remember correctly, it should work.
2. Fixed for the next svn snapshot.
This issue has been updated to confirmed bug report in the MyBB Merge System.

It has been moved to the "Bug Reports" forum.
(2008-11-22, 06:51 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]1. Just move them from the phpbb 3 forum to the mybb forum (/uploads/avatars/) and if I remember correctly, it should work.

At least in my case, the avatar situation is not that simple. I'm working on my own home brewed solution and will share it with anyone who is interested. It is tailored to my neeeds currently, but could be modified pretty easily.

Is the SVN snapshot we're able to download updated daily, etc or is it only updated when we move from beta1 to beta 2, etc?
(2008-11-23, 12:01 AM)BLWedge09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-22, 06:51 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]1. Just move them from the phpbb 3 forum to the mybb forum (/uploads/avatars/) and if I remember correctly, it should work.

At least in my case, the avatar situation is not that simple. I'm working on my own home brewed solution and will share it with anyone who is interested. It is tailored to my neeeds currently, but could be modified pretty easily.

Is the SVN snapshot we're able to download updated daily, etc or is it only updated when we move from beta1 to beta 2, etc?

I manually update it. If there are enough changes between the snapshots then I call it Beta 2, 3, etc.
(2008-11-23, 12:18 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-23, 12:01 AM)BLWedge09 Wrote: [ -> ]

I manually update it. If there are enough changes between the snapshots then I call it Beta 2, 3, etc.

So the download I have access to has or hasn't been updated yet? Sorry, didn't completely follow what you said. I went to download it, but it showed the same revision number in the filename as the one I downloaded yesterday so I assumed it hadn't been updated yet.
Look at the date right below the SVN Snapshot button. That is the date of when it was last updated
No worries, I was able to look through the file and find the problem.
This bug has been fixed in the latest version of the MyBB Merge System.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update for the MyBB Merge System will be released which contains this fix.

With regards,
The MyBB Group