MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Function Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK First I am NOT a newbie... and I have looked for the answer..

With that said...

NEW INSTALL - no issues
Can post
Upload files etc..

The issue is the Admin acess..

Whenever and whatever I try to acess such as config change in admin I get the below server error... maybe it is just a CHMOD Premission?

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at urban-truth.com Port 80

Any help? Dodgy
http://community.mybboard.net/search.php You can't have looked very hard as this has been said loads, I've already said the exact same thing to someone today...

Ask your host to whitelist your account/domain against mod_security and that should sort it.
(2008-11-22, 11:23 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybboard.net/search.php You can't have looked very hard as this has been said loads, I've already said the exact same thing to someone today...

Ask your host to whitelist your account/domain against mod_security and that should sort it.

Thank you... I read the whitelist before... I was hoping for a different way...

Cheers
Well, as it isn't a problem with MyBB there's nothing anyone can really do. Some hosts have mod_security set up and it conflicts with the way the ACP is set up, it doesn't like it and denies access, even though there's nothing wrong with it.
(2008-11-22, 12:40 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as it isn't a problem with MyBB there's nothing anyone can really do. Some hosts have mod_security set up and it conflicts with the way the ACP is set up, it doesn't like it and denies access, even though there's nothing wrong with it.

OK... Well this my last try....

I had the provider turn off the nod_security but I still had no acess to the ACP config etc as Admin.

I really was looking forward to using the myBB code - simple and fast! but at this point I may have to move on....

Anything else I might try before I move on to whatever code.

I really am not a newbie Huh
Well mod_security has very often caused this. However, that normal says 'you do not have permission to access this, whereas your error says 'An appropriate representation'... in my opinion that's quite a similar thing, and if it isn't mod_security, it'll be something else server side.

mod_ssl, mod_auth_passthrough, and mod_bwlimited 'might' be linked (can't be 100% but they have 'mod' in them), so it might be worth contacting your host and seeing if any of those might be causing a problem.
(2008-11-23, 10:35 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well mod_security has very iften caused this. However, that normal says 'you do not have permission to access this, whereas your error says 'An appropriate representation'... in my opinion that's quite a similar thing, and if it isn't mod_security, it'll be something else server side.

mod_ssl, mod_auth_passthrough, and mod_bwlimited 'might' be linked (can't be 100% but they have 'mod' in them), so it might be worth contacting your host and seeing if any of those might be causing a problem.

Thanks Matt... I will see if they will do it....

I really do like the 1.4 myBB