MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seo problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
after I activate the is SEO plug in certain forums get a white page and also after i delete cookies out of my browser my forum is unreachable ..is there a fix for this ...

right now i have disabled and i know for a fact with SEO the search engines come more often

if anyone knows anything i can add or a trick to make it work ..
much appreciated

i haven't got any response over at his site the guy who made this so thats why i am asking here
SEO need server hosting with mod rewrite is turn on.
Disable the plugin if it's causing problems, simple as that.

Also this is the wrong forum.
(2008-11-22, 06:12 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Disable the plugin if it's causing problems, simple as that.

sorry but you see i went that forum but there is nobody to assist me so where i downloaded this SEO file was from MYBB

so this the reason why im asking in here and the onyl reason i choose to get this resolved is cause SEO is way better for search engines its SEO friendly
But it's a plugin so there's nothing anyone here can do. Yes, it was made for MyBB, but not by MyBB. Have you tried the search engine friendly URLs available with default MyBB??
how would i do that ? with MYBB friendly urls ?
tell me exactly how to enable it threw MYBB ... thank you

the urls are not friendly at the moment Sad
ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Enable search engine friendly URLs? > Enabled.
Despite the rumors...you don't need the SEO plugin to rank well. I am #1 for a lot of stuff without it. If it's not working for you don't obsess over it.
The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

it was on AUTOMATICALLY

so I enabled it and thats what it gave me ?????
In that case your server doesn't work with it, just disable it then. But labrocca's right, SEO URLs aren't overly important, content is more important.
Pages: 1 2