MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Idea's for Resident Evil - Community and news portal/forum.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok guys, looks like i'm here to stay Smile

So first off, me and a couple of my friends and family are resident evil freaks Toungue, and we fancied we could get a break into the resident evil community "business" before it takes off (resident evil 5, Degeneration CGI movie, etc.)

Since it has a large history, and extremely large fanbase, we fancied we could pass the time making a website about Resident Evil, and would be an enjoyable experience ^_^

So we need a few idea's of where to start with this software, and how we should go about designing the layout of the site.

There isnt many examples of a decent resident evil site to get inspiration from (design wise, and functionality.) so we are a bit stuck.

If anyone can throw in Idea's for functionality, and design that would be greatly appreciated! (credits will be given of course Smile), if you want to find the site url and help out, just pm me.
Well, R E is a good movie but not so good.

I think you just need a dark theme. Smile
yea, was my first thought, though i dont want it "too" dark if you get what i mean?, also should i have a frontpage, or should i stick to using the portal, and just edit it, to suit my needs.

i also have a few idea's for the view topic layout (postbit) thats quite unique Toungue
I would suggest you no portal... Smile I don't like forums like that, a forum is a forum, not a portal.
thanks for the tip acrono Wink, so where exactly should i go from here?, research on the possible userbase to find out what they need or want, or just dive straight in.

(if anyone is a resident evil fan and wants to help out, that would be great to start off with Smile)
Ok here is a simple layout for my main page.

but is it too simple? Huh
Can anyone comment on this simple layout?

i went with a simple red, black and white combination, thoughts?
I don't wish to sound negative here, but IMHO if you have friends and family working on this project with you, between all of you couldn't you decide on a theme/layout etc?
Maybe he's looking for an unbiased opinion? Wink
I think it looks quite good but not very Resident Evil. it needs to be dirtier.
I did not understand exactly what you want
If you want the idea of designing the site and the idea of the Kingdom of evil design Valahassan If Flash is the software I am with you your idea of the project Nbda
Pages: 1 2 3