MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help, cannot make board live again!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is probably the dumbest question of all time - but I'm panicking a bit....

I used the global switch in the AP to turn the board offline while I fiddled around with it.

Now I've finished, I can't seem to find the option to make it live again.

Can someone please tell me how to do this? The AP > Configuration > Board Settings > there is no option here to make the board live again. All I am presented with is the option to keep the forums visible to Admin, along with a box to enter a message.

Where is the option to switch the board back on please?

Thanks
acp / Configuration / Board Settings / Board Online - Offline (2 Settings)

It's the first one on the list.. set it to NO
I assume you are seeing what I attached in the first image.

[attachment=11723]

Clicking "No", will mean "NO...the board isn't offline" and will hide the message box, thus allowing your board to be available (live) again.

[attachment=11724]
Thanks, Gordie,

You were spot on. That's exactly what it was. The only reason I hadn't used the 'no' option, is because I didn't want the board offline AND invisible to Admin. I realise that was one of those things that is totally and completely obvious - once you know the answer..... Rolleyes
Someone asked this before, I think this is one of the easiest settings to understand and I'm not sure why people don't understand it Huh No is open, and Yes is closed, because the text area comes up.

Huh
I think the problem is that they see "Administrators will still be able to view the forums." and not "Board Offline", which is really the question they should be answering.That's why they answer yes instead of no.
Well if there's an option for a message when it's yes, I'd assume most people would think that would mean it would be closed... and then the other option is the opposite of closing it, so it opens it. The setting header is 'Board Closed', and then yes/no, the bit about admins seeing it still is just extra information.
Matt,

With complete respect - the point about any misunderstanding is that it most often occurs when others "don't see/understand" something that we ourselves see as perhaps blindingly obvious.

For the purposes of feedback therefore, and not to simply argue - I do feel that Gordie's reading of the problem is more accurate. I fully understand that I'm fairly new to forum admin (and having to learn fast) but it is exactly as he says. When simply presented with the option of having the forums visible or not - I would always choose "Yes". It is NOT obvious in the way that I'd define that word - that this is in fact the very option needed to make the board live again....
Ok, but if there are 2 options to do with board status, is it not reasonable to believe that one will make it closed, and one will make it open?? And that if it's closed, selecting the other one will open it?? As I said before, the made header is 'Board Closed', the bit about admins seeing it is merely extra information about what setting it to closed will do.