MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] [split] Merge from smf 1.1.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been busy. I will get to it as soon as I can.
(2008-11-22, 06:40 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I've been busy. I will get to it as soon as I can.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get. I'm about to give up merging to MyBB. I have tried several merges but they all result in a total mess. Forums are all messed up, attachments all fail etc. I even tried merging to 1.2 first using the 1.2 merge tool but had the same problems.
I fixed the issue with PM's and it not converting the BBcode in them.

However, looking through this thread, I don't see any explanations of what else is exactly wrong. I can't really start looking without decently knowing what went wrong and what it should be. Including things like a before and after picture can be extremely helpful.
(2008-12-04, 01:09 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed the issue with PM's and it not converting the BBcode in them.

However, looking through this thread, I don't see any explanations of what else is exactly wrong. I can't really start looking without decently knowing what went wrong and what it should be. Including things like a before and after picture can be extremely helpful.

After waiting over 10 days without a response and then bumping this thread yesterday without a response for another 24 hours, I gave up hope. I'll just keep it and my main one as SMF forums. I still have one very small forum that I successfully merged from PhpBB to MyBB 1.2 awhile ago and since successfully upgraded to 1.4. I really prefer MyBB to SMF but not enough to continue going through all this hassle. If you ever get the SMF to MyBB merge tool to work properly, I will then consider changing.

Thank you for your time and effort, I realize you and all the support team are unpaid volunteers so I do appreciate whatever help I get.
Marking as bogus then. If someone has this issue and can provide detailed information on the problem (what the problem is, what it should look like, and screenshots would be helpful) then please create a new thread for each problem
Pages: 1 2