MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good way to go about posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have made it required on my forums that a user needs to post atleast 5 times to see links & images.

whats a good idea to stop gibberish posting? Is there a plugin or something that could maybe help?

or do you all have any ideas.
(2008-11-23, 03:42 AM)yeti Wrote: [ -> ]I have made it required on my forums that a user needs to post atleast 5 times to see links & images.

whats a good idea to stop gibberish posting?

Rewarding people based on contribution, not post count.
If you are doing it via the promotion system built into MyBB I would suggest changing the requirement to 5 posts + X days registered to weed out the spammers.
yeah its the promotion system, but its mainly to prevent people from just taking stuff then leaving.
Thus why a registration length requirement is good. That prevents them from posting 5 spam messages, downloading, and never coming back. At least with the length requirement it gives you and your staff time to catch the spam/nonsense before they can take anything.
(2008-11-23, 04:38 AM)yeti Wrote: [ -> ]yeah its the promotion system, but its mainly to prevent people from just taking stuff then leaving.

In that case you need to provide compelling reasons for them to stay.
well there is, but there has been some people who just post random crap // giberrish just to get to the downloads faster.
(2008-11-23, 04:50 AM)yeti Wrote: [ -> ]well there is, but there has been some people who just post random crap // giberrish just to get to the downloads faster.

Thus why making them wait X days will weed out those who are just wasting space with those truly interested. Wink
well thats kinda, meh...to wait X amt of days before you can do anything at a site.
maybe i should just get a mod that makes the user reply to the thread to see any links//images?

so they could just say "thanks for posting this, and keep up the good work!"
or maybe i could just make it all free, no special section. but put some ads up, and make it so that if users donate like 10 bucks the ads are removed. and maybe find a way to make access to shoutbox limited too?
Well you can always set the promotion group as a public group and they can either wait the X days and automatically be promoted to the group or you can set "Yes, all new join requests need to be moderated first" so that they can ask for permission to join the group in which case you can talk them and see if they are legit or not.
Pages: 1 2 3