MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with SQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i get SQL on my site after i install it? OR any other of these servers? Ugh!
Like all the other thinks, your question does not make complete sens for me. You just need to install SQL if you run a home server (what I would not recommend). To control that than, install a prog like phpmyadmin, if you have more questions about that prog, use their forum.

The more easy way to set up a home web server is
to use something like http://www.apachefriends.org/ (phpmyadmin is already included and after installation and the start of the prog ready to use, also the sql service is running). This kind of distributions is just for testing a webserver (or webpage) on ur home pc, not to run a public one permanently.
uhmm....SQL is a language...
in order to USE it....you have to have a database....
so to run this forum-software on your server you will need the following:

- webserver (Apache, IIS or one of the many other webservers available)
- PHP-parser on the server (so it understands PHP-language....as this is through which MyBB works and sends the SQL-commands through)
- a database (MySQL...I don't know if MyBB supports ACCESS, Postgres or the the other database-types)

but you don't install sql on the server....you install the other stuff around it that utilize SQL...

cheers,
Kimmo