MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hmm... that's really weird. I'll ask the person who set it up for me. Is there a way to switch hosts and keep everything intact?
Export the MySQL DB.
(2008-11-23, 06:47 AM)Saso.Chicken Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to switch hosts and keep everything intact?
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-27771.html
(2008-11-23, 06:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Export the MySQL DB.

Ok, you really got to speak English. Say anything Photoshop, I'll understand you- not so much with the forum stuff....

So, what would you reccomend as a better server?
(2008-11-23, 07:49 AM)Saso.Chicken Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-23, 06:58 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Export the MySQL DB.

Ok, you really got to speak English. Say anything Photoshop, I'll understand you- not so much with the forum stuff....

So, what would you reccomend as a better server?

If you don't know what MySQL is, learn it. This is really basic forum stuff and if you're going to run a forum you should know it.
So what is it?
Also, is it possible to change the alignment of the avatar, username, etc. to the side rather than the top of the posts?
MySQL is the database that MyBB uses. If something goes wrong with it and you need to fix it, you'll need to know the basics of how it works.
Jeez, why do they have to make it so complicated? Pro is kinda confusing, but not compared to THIS!
(2008-11-23, 08:27 PM)Saso.Chicken Wrote: [ -> ]Jeez, why do they have to make it so complicated? Pro is kinda confusing, but not compared to THIS!

It isn't really confusing, it's a necessity. A forum needs to actually save the information somewhere. If there was no database, where would everything be saved?? It's not like there's a database just to annoy people, it's required for it to work. It would be like having a computer without a hard drive, a TV without a screen, it just wouldn't work.
Pages: 1 2 3