MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.2.12 to 1.4.3 Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Upgrade went okay, no errors came up during the upgrade process. However, now the only thing I can do in Admin is view the Dashboard and Preferences. There is nothing there that will only me to "turn back on" the Forum, nor can I do anything else. When I click on "Search for Users" or anything else on the left side the only thing displayed is a blank screen.

TIA

Matt Bittner
Have you tried reuploading the ./admin/ folder??
Yup, didn't work.

Matt Bittner
And it's a totally blank page, it doesn't have any error at all??

This might be to do with mod_security... usually if it's that there's an error message but it could still be linked. Ask your host to whitelist your account or domain against mod_security and see what that does.

In the mean time, run this query in PHPMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_settings` SET `value` = '0' WHERE `value` = '1' AND `name` = 'boardclosed'

making sure your table prefix (mybb_ here) is correct. Also, in ./inc/settings.php, find this:

$settings['boardclosed'] = "1";

and change to:

$settings['boardclosed'] = "0";

Doing the above process should re-open your forums so at least people can post. However please make sure you make this setting change again in the ACP when you can get in again to make sure the setting is confirmed. I suggest you make doing this the first thing you do.
"This might be to do with mod_security... usually if it's that there's an error message but it could still be linked. Ask your host to whitelist your account or domain against mod_security and see what that does."

I was just asked by the "mediator" how to do this. Since I'm unsure myself, could someone provide me instructions, please?

TIA, and sorry for the long time in responding. Our "mediator" just replied back.
It clearly says you have to ask your host to whitelist your account/domain against mod_security.....
Our host has been in the middle of upgrading servers for the past few weeks. Now that it's finished, I had our admin ask the server admin about mod_security. Here is what I have as a reply:

"The tech told me that this would not be necessary as the new server is Windows (the old one ran Linux)."

My forum is still not working.

Thank you.

Matt Bittner
If you're still getting the error in the ACP, mod_security is still causing an error. If they won't fix it, change host, or you'll never have an ACP, simple as.
In case I wasn't clear in my definition above:

I can see the Dashboard in the ACP. I can also click on Preferences, Version Check and MyBB Credits. I also see Add New Forum, Search for Users, etc. in the bottom pane. However, when I click on any of those (Add New Forum, etc.) in the bottom pane, all I get is a blank screen.

Thanks.

Oh, and hoping it would take care of it, I also upgraded 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, even though it 1.4.3 wasn't working.

Matt Bittner
What plugins do you have installed? This is either a problem with your host (they switched from linux to windows? eh...) or it's some other modification / theme / plugin interfering.

I'm assuming this isn't a problem with missing files since you already reuploaded the /admin/ directory.
Pages: 1 2