MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Format of posts Lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've installed the new forum on the same server www.sodalityguild.org/forums.

Unfortunately doing a direct back up has had a few strange things occur with it. Posts missing and the likes. I'm hoping maybe if I upgrade to a new version it will correct this and if not, it isn't the end of the world. BB code still works, users just don't have an editor.

I have a final and perhaps easier question. When I was reverting templates I lost the "date and time" bar at the top of each individual post. The one here is blue and says "Today, time and post #."

Any thoughts about how to get it back? Again, inspecting the elements shows I'm missing code.
(2008-11-24, 04:40 PM)Ferrel Wrote: [ -> ]I have a final and perhaps easier question. When I was reverting templates I lost the "date and time" bar at the top of each individual post. The one here is blue and says "Today, time and post #."

Any thoughts about how to get it back? Again, inspecting the elements shows I'm missing code.

I think you're viewing the classic layout and that bar only shows on the horizontal layout.
Hmm ok.

And one other question. How difficult is it to roll back to 1.2?
Pratically impossible. The only way to is to revert to your last 1.2.x backup. Why do you want to go back?? If you want to get rid of the new horizontal postbit, see here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40093.html
The problem with your skin is easily fixed - you need to upload the default templates again from the MyBB download package, and you'll be set from there. It seems that there might have been a problem with that in the first place if you reverted the templates and things are missing. It's either that, or you're using a skin/theme that hasn't been designed properly.

The backup problem is strange - the only suggestion I can make is that you do it straight from your host's control panel or phpMyAdmin, selecting all tables.
Thank you both for the help.

Ultimately I looked at my new build vs the old one and could tell I was missing large portions of code. I had myplaza installed when I upgrade and I think it went amiss.

That said, I've brought my new build completely up to date. Everything is working great now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4