MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOW DO YOU INSTALL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK IM GOING OUT OF MY FREAKN MIND. I don't get the freakin installation rules....IM ABOUT TO DELETE MY BOARD...CUZ ITS STUPID.
Hi,

Lets find out where you're at..

You don't need ftp to add things to MyBB if you have cPanel or something similar.

1. Do you have server access that you are paying for.
2. Do you have cPanel or something similar that you visit the site with. to make changes with at the moment. ??
1. I don't think I pay for any server access?
2. I don't have cPanel or anything like that. Although, i did have sql but I didn't know how to work it so i deleted it too.
So you don't have ANY access to a server.

I noticed in one of your other posts that you said you were using some other bb software... Was it free and installed for you ??
server? I was using bbfree...as in www.degrassi-tng.mybbfree.com
From what I understand...MyBBfree doesn't allow ftp access or access by any other means to do anything to the forum software.

They put it in, they maintain it.

It's more or less a place where people go to learn how to operate a forum, they then go to their own server space and onto other things after they have learned the basics.

So you're stuck with a forum you can't modify. If you want to try going to a paid server and run the whole show by yourself (With a bit of help of course) let me know and I'll recommend a good one. But it's about US$8 a month depending on how long you sign up for.

You are not going to be able to do anything with where you are, other than just 'run' the forum.
Oh, well then I'm deleting my board and switching back to invisionplus...i can edit my board and everything there.
I also mean't to add the the cost of the server dependes on how much space and bandwidth you want to use... you can get it for about US$4 a month which should be enough for when you are starting out and seeing how it goes.
Sorry,

We cross-posted.

Unfortunately that's the usual price for free MyBB... No Access.
nolenzgirl Wrote:Oh, well then I'm deleting my board and switching back to invisionplus...i can edit my board and everything there.

How do you edit (and upload pictures) there?You normally also would need ftp access for pictures (I now there are some ways around). And you don't necessary need a paid service (but they are much more reliable), there are free ones with sql and php.
Pages: 1 2