MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Buddies/friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know how I'd go about displaying the buddylist on another page? Such as online/offline friends.
There is a plugin over at MyBB Central - http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1507.html - it will put buddies in the profile of members.

Note that you need to have a subscription to be able to download it though...

Edit: Seems Matt beat me too it...
I did indeed beat you to it Toungue And actually that is one of LeX's plugins which I believe is free.
(2008-11-23, 11:20 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]... that is one of LeX's plugins which I believe is free.

You learn something new everyday Toungue

There's a better way of displaying friends etc. but I can't remember where I put the link... if I find it I'll be sure to let you know...
(2008-11-23, 11:20 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I did indeed beat you to it Toungue And actually that is one of LeX's plugins which I believe is free.

What are you talking about? Lex doesn't make free. He wants money, not charity. Anyways, thanks for the link above.

Besides, I'm not looking for a plugin, just some part of the code that'll let me know where what is and how to display it. I can configure the rest from there.
Er, ok, well if you sign up to MyBB Central, try and download it and see what happens Wink Labrocca charges, LeX's plugins are free last time I checked unless it's been changed again.

And you can use the code from the plugin and put it somewhere else, hence me giving it to you.
Showing the buddy list isn't default in MyBB - the only thing we have is the "Open Buddy List" at the top of the forums (appears under current time in the default templates).

I'm sure you can use this coding to your advantage though, if you don't want to download a plugin that does the job for you Smile
Yea, I'm looking for the coding. Which file/files would it be in? I can go from there.
I don't believe in paying for free software. MyBB is excellent for free. I wouldn't mind donating every once in awhile, but being forced to pay for a plugin? The world has gone insane or retarded.

Anyways, thank you for the help. I'll try to look for the files in the meantime.