MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ACP Fast Drop Down Menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Niceeeeeee thanks
it doesn't put Logs (Tools & Maintenance) in the menu could this be in the next version
Is there a way to let people add there favourite to it. (so this is for everymember something else)?
(2008-11-25, 05:05 PM)bombo Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't put Logs (Tools & Maintenance) in the menu could this be in the next version

Could you copy & paste here the source HTML of one of your ACP pages?
If you'll look in the image I've put in the first post, you'll see that the 'Tools & Maintenance' menu does exists as a drop-down. My plugin just copy all the normal top links of the ACP and generate a drop-down for each link, then it's add the drop-down menu 'Quick links'.

(2008-11-25, 06:35 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to let people add their favorites to it. (so this is for every member something else)?
If you mean different for every installation of MyBB the answer is yes, if you mean different for every admin then the answer is - currently, no, but I might add this feature to a future version.

Anyway, you can edit the source and make it manually.
Look in the function fastmenu_quick_links(), that's the function that generate the 'Quick links' menu, inside this function check variable {$mybb->user['uid']} and according to its value generate different link. it's really easy modification, and the function fastmenu_quick_links() commented more than enough.
What I mean to say is that a member can add their own favourites in a part of the dropdown menu.
Lets call it add this page to your favourites in the dropdown menu.
Pretty cool plugin, Good job! Smile
(2008-11-25, 05:05 PM)bombo Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't put Logs (Tools & Maintenance) in the menu could this be in the next version?
I've misunderstood you in my previous post, and yes it'll be fixed in the next version.

(2008-11-26, 07:45 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]What I mean to say is that a member can add their own favourites in a part of the dropdown menu.
Lets call it add this page to your favourites in the dropdown menu.
Currently, you can't, but I'll add this feature to a future version (I don't think it'll be in the soonest release).

(2008-11-25, 10:23 PM)dvb Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, you can edit the source and make it manually.
Look in the function fastmenu_quick_links(), that's the function that generate the 'Quick links' menu, inside this function check variable {$mybb->user['uid']} and according to its value generate different link. it's really easy modification, and the function fastmenu_quick_links() commented more than enough.
Ah, this is cool plugin, thanks!
this is a nice add-on that can give us quicker navigation!
Ok, good news!

Except the GUI settings (and therefore also the user favorites feature), all done + many added features.

[attachment=11839]

Here is the change log:
Fast Menu Changelog Wrote:Fixed Bugs:
- Too many CSS problems (even one small fix for the Sharepoint theme that isn't related to the plugin)
- The last right dropdown menu is no longer outside the view (wasn't a problem on my side)

New Features:
- Now you have 3 options for the position of the Fast Menu, 'TOP' 'SIDE' 'SCROLL'.
The new option 'SCROLL' is a fixed menu that will scroll with you if you scroll down the page
- The #welcome menu (Logged in as ???? | View Forum | Logout) is now integrated with Fast Menu (only with 'TOP' or 'SCROLL')
- Supporting titles inside the dropdown menus
- The 'Home' dropdown include the 'Quick Access' submenu
- The 'Tools & Maintenance' dd include the 'Logs' submenu
- Enhanced 'Templates & Style' dd
- Fully plugins friendly, other plugins can now completely modify all of the dropdown menus. add, remove and change items and titles
- Fully compatible with both of the default ACP themes, 'Default' + 'Sharepoint'. All the needed CSS was defined inside the plugin
- Added a 'settings' menu that list all settings groups and go directly to the group page
- The menu is being cached after the creation, instead of recreate every page load
- You can now change the homepage of your ACP!

Other Changes:
- all of the inline styling removed and replaced with CSS classes + a <style> element in the HEAD
- Added function fastmenu_style to output the style as an extra_header
- Added function fastmenu_extra_links to manipulate the standard generated menu, and add some sections
- The constant MENU_TOP changed to FASTMENU_POSITION
- It's now even easier to create customized dropdown menus, since I've added the DropDown::generate($items,$options)
- When creating customized dropdown menus use 'target'=>'_blank' instead of 'blank'=>'1'
- Every function / constant is prefixed with 'fastmenu_'/ 'FASTMENU_' to prevent incompatibility

About the JS error, you can read in JS Suggested Fix | PopupMenu positioning. I've attached here the fixed file.

I'm uploading it to here before I'm updating in the mods section because I want some more testing, please report ANY problem even the smallest ones.

The current options (via source editing) are:
// Yes, I know it isn't professional but it's just for now, future versions will have normal GUI settings in the ACP.
// Just choose the right options for you.
define('FASTMENU_POSITION','TOP'); // Allowed values are: 'TOP' 'SIDE' 'SCROLL'
define('FASTMENU_GENERATE_SETTINGS_MENU',true); // Set to True to enable or False to disable
define('FASTMENU_HOVER_OPEN', true); // Should the dropdown menus open also when you hover over the button?
define('FASTMENU_ACP_HOME',''); // Could be any page in the ACP, just copy the part that after the question mark from the url,
// like 'module=style/templates&sid=1&expand=all#group_27'
FASTMENU_POSITION -
self explanatory, I would suggest 'SCROLL'.
FASTMENU_GENERATE_SETTINGS_MENU -
remove the settings item from the configuration menu and make an independent settings menu, with item for each settings group.
FASTMENU_HOVER_OPEN -
(2008-11-24, 01:56 AM)dalton Wrote: [ -> ]So instead of click you hover over?
Yes, if you'll enable this, the default is to disable this feature. FYI, even if you'll enable this, the normal click still work. This is a bit problematic with FF2 (untested with FF3).
FASTMENU_ACP_HOME -
You can now change your ACP homepage by setting this to the desired url, please put only the part of the url after the question mark!

----
/jscrips/popup_menu.js (don't forget to rename !):
[attachment=11827]

The Fast Menu plugin file:
[attachment=11839]

UPDATE:
The fastmenu.php file is updated, fixed a small CSS problem caused by the cache.
Pages: 1 2 3 4