MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New members are unable to post & thread views are not updating.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After doing a lot of reading, and looking through the help files, and other threads. I can only guess that the problem may round out to a few possibilities. It can either be any of the following.

1. A plugin that is causing the problem

2. A Theme that could be the cause of the issue (I'm highly suspecting the RedKing theme, having something to do with this, though that was uninstalled, after the problem first occured)

3. It could be something in the SQL database.

It would be really grateful to me, if one can actually help me out with this. Since I finally got my own domain and everything. here is the link

http://generation-now.net/forum/

the issue that is stated in the thread, was never a big deal, up until just 2 days ago. When one of my members, said that either they were unable to post, or those who signed up, couldn't make any posts. this included the fact that everything else could still be used. At the same time, the majority of the threads, despite having posts in them, still at as if there were no posts to begin with. because the thread view count, still reads as 0

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
For posting:
ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Forum and Posts > check permissions.
ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose group** > Edit Permissions/Set Permissions > check permissions here. Make sure you tell it to 'use custom permissions below' if you change anything here.

For thread views:
ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Options > Delayed Thread View Updates > OFF. This will make them update instantly. If set to YES, the task to recount thread views will need to be enabled.
Already did that, when the first time it happened. For some strange & unexplainable reason, the permissions were unchecked, when I never touched them. When they were checked again, they were fixed. But the problem of posting still persists. I'll give it a second shot, and see what happens.
I edited my post too, sorry.
Did that as well. it was never switched to On, and the task for it was disabled. As I never touched that option in the ACP. That's why I'm figuring it could have something to do, with the RedKing theme. Because none of this was an issue, until after that particular theme was installed.

But I am going to leave that as a last thought, until all options have been explored.

~Edited Post~

Well, it seems like I'm not sure exactly what went wrong. I'm still guessing that it had a lot to do, with the RedKing Theme still. but that's just me.
Well, after much trial & tribulation with this issue. I was unable to resolve the problem by normal means. this included tearing down the sql file, looking through all queries, and pretty much everything you can think of. And it seemed like the problem didn't occur, from a backup that I made, on November 9th.

But the error appeared on every other backup of my forums, after that date. So, since this back to normal now from an older update, I guess you can say, this was "self-resolved".
OK, finally found out the problem. After doing some searching for myself. It seems like the problem is coming from the phpfreechat embedder plugin. So i'm going to see how to resolve the thread updating issue, and see if it truly links to that problem.

I'm going to revert the template, and see if that fixes the issue. It should, because it seems like this same issue, is happening on one of my subdomains, that are running the same forum software. they're getting the same issue.

So I'll post back here later, to see if that was the problem. and if it was, I'll explain how it was fixed.

~Edit~

Yeah, that seemed to be the problem. All I did, was uninstall the plugin, then went to ACP > Themes & Templates > Templates > Global template> Header. And removed the following line.

<li class="rules_link">{$phpfreechat__toplink_code}</li>

Once this was removed, and the plugin was disabled, the thread view count started to work again. Even double checked, by leaving the plugin activated, and just remove that line. Seems it will only work properly, when it's disabled, and that line is removed from the header in the global templates.

So, looks like my problem is solved. And that was by a chance thought, with a touch of irony.
the favicon plugin caused this for me.
Wow shortest best post ever.

FAVICON PLUGIN DOES CAUSE VIEW COUNT TO STOP.
You, sir, are a genius. I've been trying to fix that for ages, who'd have thought it was the Favicon plugin??
Pages: 1 2