MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems logging in & out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
My site's suffered with a problem to log in & out for days now and I can't seem to resolve the problem.

I followed all given solutions from searching here but it has done no good.

Right now, I've reset the "Cookie Domain" field to blank, and "Cookie Path" with a trailing slash "/".

It worked perfectly when it was 1.2.X and for a bit after the 1.4.3 upgrade.

Now I'm just stumped.

Clearing the cookies will log you off, but isn't a permanent solution. You have to log in with the portal page in order to get back on.
And again, log off via clearing cookies again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
URL? Smile
Getting this error upon logging out now:

Anyone know what that's suppose to mean?
Try this..
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Server and Optimization Options --> Use GZip Page Compression?
Set to No
Thanks, but no help. It was set at 4 before changing it to No.
That should help get rid of that error page with the strange characters at least. I am not sure why you cannot log in/out still.

Any other details you think might be important?
That error only seems to come up in Firefox, not I.E.

Other than that... not much else to go by... this was an occurring issue in our 1.2.14
I thought upgrading to 1.4.3 would have fixed it, and it did for the first few days after the upgrade. Don't know how/why's reoccurring.
Just tried turning off "Friendly Redirects", when upon logging in from the top of the index.php, it no longer refreshes back to it, instead I'm on a blank member.php page
I had this problem with GZip and a few others - if you turn off gzip, does the strange characters disappear? IE will just ignore it (it's good at things like that) if it doesn't understand why it's there... it terminates the data, whereas Firefox will display it.

The problem I had was with the cookie domain - try something obscure (it really doesn't matter what it is), clear cache and reset your browser and try again. Normally, I only get this problem if my cookie settings are wrong - make sure you've got them set correctly, and not blank...
Yes I definitely had it correct, I went through 2 days of search and repeatedly trying the same thing over and over again.

My site's domain is like this: www.MySite.com/index.php

There's no /forum/ after it, so the cookies path is set with a forward slash: "/"

Originally the cookie domain box was blank, then I tried:
.mysite.com

After reading on a search that putting "www.mysite.com" in the cookies domain box may work, I gave that a try too.

Then I put in a .htaccess file that forwards over all users not using WWW in the domain, to the one that's using it.

As for the Gzip, as soon as I turned it off, I cleared all temp files and cookies and gave it a few tries. But alas, no luck Sad
Put the cookie domain as .mysite.com, and leave your cookie path as /.

I meant to say change the cookie prefix to something obscure (not the cookie path Toungue). Change it to something like arefs_, it really doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's something unique.

I only say this because of the problem I had was two boards using the same information (as in, domain set to blank, path as / and prefix as mybb_)...
Pages: 1 2 3