MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Internal error 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When i log into the ACP everything is fine, if i go to click a link inside the ACP e.g banned users, i get an internal error 500 showing. I have just installed mybb by the way

its probably something silly but i cant work it out

thanks in advance
A 500 error is usually a host problem and something they have to fix.
well i have vb running on another directory and its fine, so why would this only be affecting mybb and only the ACP ?

thanks for the fast reply by the way
Well usually if there's an error in the ACP it's to do with mod_security, but that's usually a 403 or 404 error, I've never seen mod_security to cause a 500 error... but you could always ask them to whitelist your domain/account against mod_security and see if it has any effect...
so this has nothing to do with me installing mybb wrong ?
Highly unlikely, if you'd done something wrong I can't imagine you'd see a 500 error. See what your host says about mod_security.
ok thanks alot for your help, very fast Wink
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at gkwc.net Port 80
matt here is what the error log says

Access denied with code 500. Pattern match "(\\\\.\\\\./\\\\.\\\\.|/)" at ARG("module") [severity "EMERGENCY"] [hostname "gkwc.net"] [uri "/mybb/admin/index.php?module=forum/announcements"]
Yeah I think you'll need to ask your host about that.
he said its to do with the dodgy mybb coding Wink. lol
Well there's nothing wrong with the coding as 99.9% of people have no problems. Misconfigured hosts have problems. Install a test forum on Byethost.com and you'll see there's no problems at all. There have been many, many people getting 403 or 404 errors in their ACP and it is always due to a server setting. Once removed, the ACP if fine. If there was a problem with the code, why would so many people have no problems at all??

Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2