MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing image File extensions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have installed the forum software and started a new theme based off of the main theme and started to modify. but for the images i want to sue i have to change the file extensions form .gif to .png.how do i do this is it a field i can edit like for the logo or do i have to modify the code?
You'll have to edit the names in the templates. For example you'll have to edit the template for each postbit button to change the image URL, change the header images, change the on/off/locked images for forums... you might be able to do a search and replace, search for .gif and tell it to replace it with .png, however that will make every single image go to .png so make sure you have all the images as .png.

As for the logo, you'll need to edit that in the settings for the theme, just change the image path.
(2008-11-24, 09:37 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to edit the names in the templates. For example you'll have to edit the template for each postbit button to change the image URL, change the header images, change the on/off/locked images for forums... you might be able to do a search and replace, search for .gif and tell it to replace it with .png, however that will make every single image go to .png so make sure you have all the images as .png.

As for the logo, you'll need to edit that in the settings for the theme, just change the image path.

ya i thought of that, but if i add a new category or forum would i have to change it again and what files would i edit
Nope, once it's changed once it'll be as you want it from then on. By the way I just tested the replacement thing, and it'll work - in the Search/Replace section put .gif in the top box, .png in the second, press Find and Replace and it'll update every single one Smile
i got another question if you go to my forum ( http://plasmasteelgames.net/forum )
you see blue lines what part of the css or what images is that so i can change it

and what files do i edit for the change of extensions
Not sure about the blue line but about the images, if you replace all the images in your file directory with .png files and do the search and replace mentioned above, the new .png images will be shown.
but in what file
What do you mean what file?? I've said what to do... you have to upload images with the file extension of .png as this is what you said you were going to do in your first post, and then do the template replacements to tell the forum to use those images.
never mind i got it
what templates do i edit for the thread status (Forum Contains New Posts, Forum Contains No New Posts, forum is locked) for the actual forum box not the ones in the legend thing
Like I said before, doing the search and replace will change everything. Not really sure how to make it any clearer.
Pages: 1 2