MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keep Forum Posts etc. if u reinstall the Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

after several errors with the rc4 Version I tried to updated to the new version but I still get some errors in admin settings.php and such stuff and my forum isnt working well atm.
So now I have the question if it is possible to delete the forum and install the new one from the beginning with the old Users/Threads/Postings.
Is there a way to keep them or are they gone for good?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Valmar
It would be hard to because you'de have to make all the new fields and put all the info back into the DB. Did you make a SQL backup before upgrading?
Jep, I have a backup.
Unfortunatly I dont know php so Im pretty helpless if any error occurs so thats why I thought upgrading might help...but it didnt. it make it even worse(for example there is no button to register for the forum so you have to know the link and I still get the same write error for the settings.php when I try to change anything in the admin options).
Does anybody know, when the final 1.0 Gild will be out?
Its called 1.0 Final now. And if you upload the backup, and pm your ftp/cpanel/admin cp login details, I'd be more than happy to preform the upgrade for you.
Right I found the problem with the settings.php...was mostly myself. Dunno why but it wasent writeable so I couldnt change anything.
I have done a rollback with the old RC4 and my old mysql backup and now its working again.
When the Final is out I will try an upgrade again and if it doesnt go well I will ask you again Smile
Thanks for your help.