MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: We seriously need a tinyportal.net for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its the only thing that's holding me back from launching a full site with myBB..
I so want to use mybb but am stuck with SMF because of this.. What are other solutions? Sad
What exactly is tinyportal.net? I can't work it out.
the existing portal is more than enough IMHO, yes the themes look quite good, but im sure that if you edited the portal to your liking, it should more than meet your standards.
tinyportal is a great add on to SMF
I must say I couldn´t use SMF without TP installed once I´ve used Toungue

the only option to those features is at mybb central
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38351.html

sadly - if you are looking to a free/quick download - mybbcentral is a paid Forum - but if you don´t mind to pay $5,00 for 1 year, is not that huge amount anyway, for Lex and Labrocca quality plugins
Here is a manual sidebox installation in Index Board Page >> http://community.mybboard.net/thread-16231.html

You can add 'Latest posts'/'Login Box'/'welcome box'/etc just copying templates from 'Portal Postbit', I think
(2008-11-25, 10:13 AM)Craigw Wrote: [ -> ]the existing portal is more than enough IMHO, yes the themes look quite good, but im sure that if you edited the portal to your liking, it should more than meet your standards.

I'll admit i never bothered with the portal till recently. I am ever so glad i did. Has done wonders for me. Possibilities are endless with it. Best of all it is one less thing to worry about as it gets updated etc when mybb does. So no worry or waiting for another provider to update thier system. Big Grin
I was using Tinyportal, nice theme. But heavy load, finally I build my own portal like. MyBB is very easy for templating an have custom portal (tutorial) Smile
Is there a guide on how to edit the portal? can someone show me their custom portals? L|Big Grin
read many post out there. There is portal built-in inside MyBB (portal.php). YOu can play with it. just like using SSI on SMF Smile
There are many explanation, about template coding on MyBB. read and search.
Yo'll find, its easy make custom