MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick edit [1.6]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You all know the quick edit box that appears when you use quick edit in threads.. The one with the two options "Save Changes" and "Cancel Edit".

Any idea how I would go about adding another button down there? I've looked for quite some time at templates and even some javascript files in search of this.

Any help is much appreciated.
Wouldn't it be in the postbit_edit template?
I looked in there, I don't see any reference to the "Save Changes" or "Cancel Edit" buttons in that template. That's what I need to change.

Thanks. Smile
Found it...I think. It's the "inline_edit.js" file.

Scrap that...I don't think that's the one you need.
I believe the template is under XMLHTTP Templates -> xmlhttp_inline_post_editor
(note, "XMLHTTP" in MyBB refers to AJAX)

Is that what you want?
*sigh* - I thought I looked in there!

Thanks Zinga (Yumi) - I think that's exactly what I wanted.

Too late to play around now though, will do in the morning. Smile

Thank you again, everyone.
Well the reason I wanted to change that is because one of my members wanted to have quick edit as the default edit style when you click the edit button (I got that part right) - and then have the option to go to full edit from the quick edit box. So I added the button, but then he complained that if you typed stuff in the quick edit and then decided to go full edit it did not keep the text you added in quick edit. Sad

I tried to make the Full Edit button do the same thing that Preview Post would, as it made sense in my head, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?
I've always wanted the option to go to full edit and have it save the text as sometimes I realise I need to add an attachment half way through typing and it just saves having to copy and paste.
(2008-11-30, 09:26 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I've always wanted the option to go to full edit and have it save the text as sometimes I realise I need to add an attachment half way through typing and it just saves having to copy and paste.
That's exactly what I am talking about. Smile
Problem with that is that html doesn't support multiple actions within an form - if that was the case it would only be to send it through post request. You could probably do it with javascript though - making another form and getting the content from the other form when submitting.
Pages: 1 2