MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FREE Webhosting + Forums : The Webring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
True. A hosting company a week is not really right, though I think this will be my last. I'll probably just start doing individual projects every month or so.

But for now, it's MyBB Pro and TheWebring.

If BMR777 didn't like the fact that I was using TheWebring, I could change it. Like bmr said, competition's always good, and man, what people are thinking when they're hosting CreateMyBB, really puzzles me. Grow up and switch to MyBB 1.4.

Every website host/website has their pros and cons. My single con is that I don't have a TLD. In my eyes, that's the only problem so far. Who knows, I may consider it! Wink
In the long run using the name The Webring probably isn't the best idea if you want to make a real name for your forum host. I would prefer you didn't use the name, simply because I don't want people to get confused. Heck, every once in a while I get an email from some poor CreateMyBB user looking for support thinking they are on my service, so that says something about confusion. Smile

A TLD is a great investment and a good idea. They're so cheap now anyway, only around $8 each. You also have more control with a TLD as with a free co.cc they could suspend your domain at any time and you wouldn't have any legal recourse.

BMR777
That's a pretty good point.

Would you like me to add "We are not affiliated/associated with Webring America in any way" to the index pages?

That may clear up confusion.
I'm giving it five days before a new forum is released by Dude106.
(2008-11-26, 03:34 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I'm giving it five days before a new forum is released by Dude106.

WebProRingFreex2
(2008-11-26, 12:05 AM)Dude106 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a pretty good point.

Would you like me to add "We are not affiliated/associated with Webring America in any way" to the index pages?

That may clear up confusion.

I'm wondering if that will only cause more confusion. Exclamation
The forum theme looks horrible! I cant see it (Using firefox not sure about other browsers) But good luck with your site
I will change the forum theme. Just making it available. It is the default theme, though when you register, it can be changed.

Guess what? I'm getting a .com (probably) domain soon!!!!!!!
I mean your support forum theme
(2008-11-26, 09:24 PM)Dude106 Wrote: [ -> ]Guess what? I'm getting a .com (probably) domain soon!!!!!!!

*faints*

Toungue Na good luck, I do hope you can get somewhere with it, really Smile
Pages: 1 2 3