MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Count Help 1.4.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-11-26, 07:44 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, well.. the plugin activates fine for me.. no errors.
It just does not update the topic count on everyone.. on a few users it has.
Members that have made new topics since i activated it have a count, but only the new count from the new topic they just made.

That's the problem I had with testing... basically, the plugin works fine - it's just updating the topics to begin with. I'll take another look at the task...

It's wierd how it works on some... littleg, is there any chance I could get access to your forum, it's database and FTP? Of course, I'd make a backup in case things go wrong... I think I'll need to seperate the update...

Edit: Can you try this task for me please? Just overwrite the original usertopics.php in your tasks folder, and go and run it. It *should* carry on until there is no more data to process... just remember to backup as-is...
On offense Tom.. you are very kind to do this.
I just don't want to give access to someone i do not know to our db and server.

I hope you can understand this, the last think i want to do is have you not help me ..hehe

I am sure we can work this out without that.
The last plugin worked perfect right after i used the built in board soft recount user topics.

As you know, this new 1.4.3 does not have that option to count user threads. Only post count!

Recount Statistics
This will recount and update your forum statistics on the forum index and statistics pages.
N/A
Rebuild Forum Counters
When this is run, the post/thread counters and last post of each forum will be updated to reflect the correct values.

Rebuild Thread Counters
When this is run, the post/view counters and last post of each thread will be updated to reflect the correct values.

Recount User Post Counts
When this is run, the post count for each user will be updated to reflect its current live value based on the posts in the database, and forums that have post count disabled.

Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails
This will rebuild attachment thumbnails to ensure they're using the current width and height dimensions and will also rebuild missing thumbnails.

Should be just a simple db query ?
ok.. trying it now... brb THANKS!
Still no go Sad Just finishes in 2 seconds..
No offence taken... it's completely understandable...

The problem is getting it universal - I haven't enough time testing with rebuild hooks to be able to add in a function for it, a developer will need to do this.

Unfortunately, with a large user database and threads, you need to do it in steps (much like mass-mail works). I only have a few MyBB databases this size, and I can't really test on any of them... hopefully, by setting the time limit to infinite, it should carry on the query until it stops... or at least, that's the theory...

How many users do you have?
ok, i understand.

Hey, maybe Yumi can help with just this 1 issue?

I will ask him, he may have the answer we are looking for. I know i am not the only one thats using this plugin.. hehe

Yumi.. WERE ARE YOU?

hehe Smile
I did this again and got something even weirder...

Warning [2] mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) - Line: 59 - File: inc/plugins/numtopics.php PHP 5.2.6 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
[PHP]	 	errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/numtopics.php	59	mysql_query
/inc/plugins/numtopics.php	67	countThread
[PHP]	 	numtopics_activate
/admin/modules/config/plugins.php	200	call_user_func
/admin/index.php	378	require
Warning [2] mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established - Line: 59 - File: inc/plugins/numtopics.php PHP 5.2.6 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/inc/plugins/numtopics.php	59	mysql_query
Warning [2] mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource - Line: 59 - File: inc/plugins/numtopics.php PHP 5.2.6 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
/inc/plugins/numtopics.php	59	mysql_fetch_array
A horrible death...

This is on my live forum, howcome it's mentioning my localhost??
WOW matt.. strange.. i am not seeing anything like that. What are you running .. 1.4.3?

[Image: ic0jza.jpg]

ok, i sent him a PM.. maybe he can take the time to help.

Lets hope.. Thanks again Tom !
Uhm... I think I'm going to stick to jQuery and Prototype... Rolleyes

Not too sure why you're getting that error Matt, I think it's probably because I'm using mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query(query all in one go.

I've tested the script on my large database (3,000 users, 93,000 posts), and haven't got it to work through MyBB. Using outside scripts, I've managed to get all the users updated... I can't explain why it doesn't work when using MyBB...
Yeah I'm on 1.4.3... very weird Toungue

Tom, if you want my database/FTP details to test it out just let me know.
I got it working, lol... I'm just going to update the plugin and try it on a few merged boards just to make sure.

It works on Learn MyBB... Smile
Brilliant, thank you Smile
Pages: 1 2 3