MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to move from SMF 2.0 Beta 4?

The templating in SMF is to damn hard, so I want to move away.

Any ideas?

Peter
Not currently
What about SMF 1.1.7? I just bought another forum that it in SMF, and I'd like to merge it into the forum in my sig.
A also want this. pls help
(2008-11-30, 08:53 PM)terrymason Wrote: [ -> ]What about SMF 1.1.7? I just bought another forum that it in SMF, and I'd like to merge it into the forum in my sig.

Some people have had success merging from SMF 1.1.7 but I have had too many problems so I've given up for now. Give it a try, as long as you put it in a different directory, you can test it without risk. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
Do this from localhost via XAMPP. It will be easier to accomplish.

I don't have an SMF DB to work with so I haven't played around with it. If anyone is willing to give me one I can try and get it converted to Mybb. The 1.2x merge system worked pretty good and the bugs were minimal.

imho Mybb needs a good SMF->Mybb converter and we will get a lot of admins switching over to Mybb. I think that should be a priority. phpbb sucks so bad that it's just not being used very much anymore by new site owners...they either want SMF or Mybb.
(2008-12-20, 09:35 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have an SMF DB to work with so I haven't played around with it. If anyone is willing to give me one I can try and get it converted to Mybb. The 1.2x merge system worked pretty good and the bugs were minimal.

Well I just tried to send you a SMF 1.1.7 DB but evidently I can't send an attachment via PM and when I try emailing you I get this:
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You are currently logged in with the username: 'catfished'

I'm confused, as usual.Rolleyes
FYI
Last time I did convert from PunBB to SMF and then MyBB.
All done with XAMPP on localhost PC. Processing tooks almost a day Smile
I think because XAMPP is emulate server on PC. If you do on real server, few hours fast enough to convert, depend how big is your forum.

Yeah correct.. SMF Templating is complicated.
I remember, 1 PHP file for displaying thread, consist many template html code inside. Smile
But, SMF has ability to display different template/theme on different forum.
Quote:All done with XAMPP on localhost PC. Processing tooks almost a day

Depends on your home server. For me it's always been much faster but that's because my server load is very high all the time already. The conversion is mysql intense. And it also depends on how large the database is. I would rather have my home computer running the conversion than my server where something might crash or choke. At least that's my preference and I have converted as much as a 500k post forum.
(2008-12-20, 07:18 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]But, SMF has ability to display different template/theme on different forum.

It's possible also in MyBB, just edit the forum you want to change theme and select the theme you want to be display in that section from the "Style options" Wink

Hoping my explaination is understandable,
MapoGio