MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums Randomly Unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This isn't related to http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40284.html

This bug is different. I visit http://forum.msgstuff.com/ regularly because I'm an administrator there, and every week or so, when I visit, almost all the forums have the unread icon appear as if there were new posts, but I verify, and almost every time those forums don't have unread posts. This seems to happen almost randomly.

For example, all threads were read on there this morning, and all had the read icon:
[Image: off.gif]

However, when I visited just now, only a few of them had this icon,the rest had the unread icon:

[Image: on.gif]

Yet all of those threads/forums had already been marked as read in the past, even with the mark all threads as read option just a few days ago. This doesn't make sense to me.

As I don't visit any other forums that use the latest MyBB versions, I can't verify this anywhere else.

Edit:
MyBB Version 1.4.4
PHP Version 5.2.6
It just happened again, so I'm just bumping this a little bit. Does anybody else experience this?
Did you make sure their where no new threads in the forums?
(2008-12-05, 03:49 AM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Did you make sure their where no new threads in the forums?
Everytime. Everytime I also realise I wasted my time Toungue.
I can confirm this on this board:
www.tsgs.eu/board
I have to say that it's not 1.4.4 (Didn't updated it last months cause it's dead.)
So bug might be fixed in newer version.

Regards
Chris and I think we might know where the logic in the code is going wrong and we have an experimental fix.

In inc/functions_forumlist.php find:

if(!$forum_read)
{
	$forum_read = $mybb->user['lastvisit'];
}

and replace with

if(!$forum_read)
{
	$forum_read = TIME_NOW-($mybb->settings['threadreadcut']*86400);
}

The logic seems to make more sense with this.
@Lou: I applied Ryan's fix to the Messenger Stuff forums, let us know if it still happens now.

Thanks,
Chris.
Hm, it just did it again :s
Is this happening with forums with or without sub forums? If so, is it happening to the forums with sub forums only?
(2008-12-18, 05:56 AM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Is this happening with forums with or without sub forums? If so, is it happening to the forums with sub forums only?
Both situations are happening (it just happened again just now). Confused
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6