MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASE] MYPS 1.4x FREE at LAST! My Points System (credits, money, points)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been considering making the core version of MYPS available to everyone for free. Today it's done. The version that Lex updated for 1.4x is now available at Mybb Central to all registered users. No subscription or even posts are required. Distribution is still not allowed though.

I will be also updating the CORE version with some new features and a rewrite to fix some things Lex did that I don't like. He isn't around anymore so I will just do the bug fixes myself.

I can't answer what other addons for MYPS I will make available for free but I the ones that make money for a forum will almost certainly be for subscribers only. The more complex the addon the more inclined I am to make it for subscribers only.

I do encourage others to make addons for MYPS as it has many hooks in place and it's written in a way that makes it very modular and easy to deal with. While 1.4x version hasn't gotten a lot of attention I still expect it to be the best point system for Mybb and I will do everything I can to ensure that admins using it are satisfied. My schedule is very full but I will be opening up some time very soon to dedicate to MYPS and creating some nifty new features.

Thank you.

http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-2059.html <-- Download Link
oooh i was just about to Subscribe to get it (actually i cant i have no money left), might install to test.
(2008-11-26, 06:12 PM)DJBoddington Wrote: [ -> ]oooh i was just about to Subscribe to get it, might install to test.

With subscription you get a LOT more than just MYPS. But yeah..feel free to test and keep in mind that new MYPS developing begins now. What might also happen is that I will release new MYPS addons to Subscribers for say...90 days then release to public. But who knows, I have a lot of options now and so do Mybb admins.
aww i wish i had some money Sad i only have £3.90 left in my Paypal account
Compliment labrocca, good idea
I been toying with this idea for a long time. But I didn't want to do it until I was ready to offer support and do bug fixes. Obviously I am a bit behind but not too much. Hopefully I can get MYPS Core where I want then I can work on my serious addons that I have planned. It's some heavy stuff really. I could do 200+ hours of coding for MYPS in the next year easily.
finally its free Big Grin

Gratz

edit: Warning [2] main(./global.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/myps.php PHP 4.4.7 (Linux)
File

&
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nlfclan/public_html/forums/inc/plugins/myps.php on line 5
Congratulations, Labrocca! I hope this means we see more development for addons for this system.
Quote:edit: Warning [2] main(./global.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 5 - File: inc/plugins/myps.php PHP 4.4.7 (Linux)

Seems you may not have uploaded all the files correctly.

Quote:Congratulations, Labrocca! I hope this means we see more development for addons for this system.

Hmm...I still have mixed feelings about this. I know it makes others happy but truth is now support will suffer. I probably won't be offering much help to those outside of the subscribers because of it.
At last, MYPS is now free.
Pages: 1 2 3