MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyright removal...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I am running mybb 1.4.2 and I know im not aloud to remove the copyright line from my board. However, I do not want to upgrade as I did on a test forum and it messed it up.

My question is am I aloud to make a donation to mybb and use the 1.4.2 as 1.4.3?

Proberly not but wanted to know.
You can remove it now, I'm quite sure that applies to 1.4.2. Note that you can't receive support if you don't have the copyright.

Why did upgrading mess your forum up??
(2008-11-26, 08:49 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove it now, I'm quite sure that applies to 1.4.2. Note that you can't receive support if you don't have the copyright.

Why did upgrading mess your forum up??

Thanks for your reply Smile
It messed it up because I may be good in editing the forum css and design, but upgrading is not my thing Toungue
All you need to do is replace the files in the changed file pack. Delete the old file, upload the new one.
Ok! I will try this tomorrow, Ill make a backup 1st with my webhost too
-bump-

I forgot what I said along time ago
Mybb spent alot of time making the software! Just because their copyright is on the bottom, doesn;t make my forum less popular! go mybb! + I would love to have a support team Job here at mybb! Lets keep the copyright
I'm planning on making the "MyBB" part of Powered by MyBB search engine unfriendly so that possible crawlers/hackers can't easily find me as a MyBB forum. I've read somewhere that the best thing to do is upload a gif/jpg with MyBB as a text in it and replace it with the real "text" version. Is that correct?
(2008-11-27, 11:19 AM)zoog Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning on making the "MyBB" part of Powered by MyBB search engine unfriendly so that possible crawlers/hackers can't easily find me as a MyBB forum. I've read somewhere that the best thing to do is upload a gif/jpg with MyBB as a text in it and replace it with the real "text" version. Is that correct?
Simply put, yes.