MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail - Doesn't Send
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a mass mail with a send immediately timing. It went into the mass mail table with a status of "Queued" and a delivery date of "Today". So far so good.

Today when I log in, the mass mail is still there with a status of "Queued" and a delivery date of "Yesterday". When I check my own mail accounts (which were on the list to receive), the mail never got there i.e. appears never to have been sent.

Joining confirmation mails always go out and work OK - so don't think it's a permissions or server mail issue.

Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.
MyBB queues mass mails, and sends them out in intervals. Your board needs to be active, and people need to be browsing your site for it to be able to send them!

Basically, MyBB uses this system as an alternative to cron jobs.

Just keep refreshing the index page to see if they get sent... I know a few people who are having this problem, although there isn't a real solution to it.
Tom,

thanks for the help and suggestion. I will try what you said to see if it gets the mail sent out.

Thanks.
Tom,

you were absolutely right!! A few refresh clicks on the index page and the mailing went out straight away.

One further question - when it arrived in an inbox it came from "unidentified sender", is there a away of changing that to specify the sender name?

Thanks again.
Are you using SMTP or PHP Mail?
PHP Mail.

Thanks.