MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroup legends 1.4.3 - Index group order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to get the proper order of my groups on the index.
Can someone tell me where and what i need to change to adjust this?
[Image: 2ylab1w.jpg]

I did this ok with 1.2.. but not sure about this 1.4.3

Using this - Author: CraKteR
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/usergroup-legends-1.4.3

Thanks Smile
The only way to edit the order is to edit the template and put in your own HTML. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > Global Templates > find the template for it (right at the bottom IIRC). Then remove the variable, and put your own HTML in it's place. You can copy it direct from the usergroup settings as that'll probably be quicker.
Sorry May, i still do not fully understand.

When i go to my Default Templates/Global Templates/

I see this
Global Templates
global_bannedwarning
Optionsglobal_boardclosed_warning
global_pm_alert
global_unreadreports

or do you mean Global Templates/usergroup_legend

I see this code
<tr><td class="tcat"><strong>Group Legend</strong></td></tr>
<tr><td class="trow1">{$usertitles}</td></tr>

Sorry, i need to know exactly what to do.. i'm not good with this stuff ..hehe
Yeah, usergroup_legend, sorry should have been clearer. Now, remove {$usertitles}. This is the variable that shows the usergroups. If you put your own HTML in it will show this. For example:

<span style="color: red;"><strong><em>Administrators</em></strong></span>

You can get this easier by going to ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Username Style > and copy the code into the template, changing the {username} to the name of the group. This is what I personally have (with a little bit edited out), hopefully you'll be able to see what it's doing:

- <span style="color: red;"><strong><em>Administrator</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: blue;"><strong>Super Moderator</strong></span> - <span style="color: green;"><strong>Moderator</strong></span> - Member - <i>Awaiting Activation</i> - <s>Banned</s> -
ok, i get you

Can you give me example of what the full code would need to be in that template?

here is my group in rank order
span style="color:yellow;"><strong><em>Administrators</em></strong></span> 

span style="color:#FF4500;"><strong><em>Super Moderators</em></strong></span> 

span style="color:#66CD00;"><strong><em>Moderators</em></strong></span> 

span style="color:#FF8000;"><strong><em>Lifetime Friends</em></strong></span> 

span style="color:#ff99ff;"><strong><em>V.I.P/Elite</em></strong></span>

span style="color:#836B23;"><strong><em>Donators</em></strong></span> 

span style="color:#60AFFE;"><strong><em>V.I.P</em></strong></span>

span style="color:#777777;"><strong><em>Member</em></strong></span> 

span style="color:#70DB93;"><strong><em>Newbie</em></strong></span>

Thanks Matt
All you're missing is a < from the start of the span tag. Then possibly remove the blank lines (maybe put a - between each one) and put all that code in the place of {$usertitles}. So, give this a go:

- <span style="color: yellow;"><strong><em>Administrators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #FF4500;"><strong><em>Super Moderators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #66CD00;"><strong><em>Moderators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #FF8000;"><strong><em>Lifetime Friends</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #ff99ff;"><strong><em>V.I.P/Elite</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #836B23;"><strong><em>Donators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #60AFFE;"><strong><em>V.I.P</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #777777;"><strong><em>Member</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #70DB93;"><strong><em>Newbie</em></strong></span> -

or, replace the entire template with this:

<tr><td class="trow1">- <span style="color: yellow;"><strong><em>Administrators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #FF4500;"><strong><em>Super Moderators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #66CD00;"><strong><em>Moderators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #FF8000;"><strong><em>Lifetime Friends</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #ff99ff;"><strong><em>V.I.P/Elite</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #836B23;"><strong><em>Donators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #60AFFE;"><strong><em>V.I.P</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #777777;"><strong><em>Member</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #70DB93;"><strong><em>Newbie</em></strong></span> -</td></tr>
Awesome, that did it Matt.

To be sure, can you look at it to be sure its not missing something?
<tr><td class="trow1"><span style="color: yellow;"><strong><em>Administrators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #FF4500;"><strong><em>Super Moderators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #66CD00;"><strong><em>Moderators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #FF8000;"><strong><em>Lifetime Friends</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #ff99ff;"><strong><em>V.I.P/Elite</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #836B23;"><strong><em>Donators</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #60AFFE;"><strong><em>V.I.P</em></strong></span> - <span style="color: #777777;"><strong><em>Member</em></strong></span> - <span style="color:#70DB93;"><strong><em>Newbie</em></strong></span> </td></tr>
Thanks once again Smile
I edited my above post with a slightly different version but that should work fine as it is Smile
Excellent, thanks again!
Not a problem Smile Let me know if there's any problems with it at any time.
Pages: 1 2