MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.4.3 to MyBB 1.4.4 Patch question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I have a question in regards to two points inside the patch text.

The first part states:

Find:
--
// Begin!
switch($mybb->input['action'])
{
--

ADD BEFORE:
--
if($mybb->request_method != "post" && $mybb->input['action'] != "getip")
{
	error_no_permission();
}

Am I right in understanding that the final result should look like this:

// Check if this forum is password protected and we have a valid password
	check_forum_password($forum['fid']);
}

if($mybb->user['uid'] != 0)
{
	eval("\$loginbox = \"".$templates->get("changeuserbox")."\";");
}
else
{
	eval("\$loginbox = \"".$templates->get("loginbox")."\";");
}
if($mybb->request_method != "post" && $mybb->input['action'] != "getip")
{
	error_no_permission();
}
// Begin!
switch($mybb->input['action'])
{
	// Open or close a thread

The second is in regards to part two of the patch text which is in regards to the templates. I do not understand it. What should I do here? Can anyone explain it to me?

Regards,

Martin
No, this is to patch 1.4.3. You need the changed files pack, upload all the new files, and go to ./install/upgrade.php
But it clearly states:
Quote:This patch is only for users running MyBB 1.4.3. If you are running any other version of the MyBB 1.4 series then please download MyBB 1.4.4 from the MyBB site and update to it.

Please download "mybb_1403_patches.txt" and follow the instructions in that file.

I am running version 1.4.3. I am confused nowConfused.

regards,

Martin
You need the package called mybb_1404_changed_files, here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid276263
Thank you Matt,

Are there any risks involved in suchs an update? Any security measures i need to take? I will read the wiki but thought I'd also ask someone who might have been through it and has hands on experience.

Regards,

Martin
Nope, just make a full database and file backup, upload the changed files, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.3 from the list.

I think the patch you were referring to is to give you the security updates that 1.4.4 has but none of the bug fixes. But to get the full 1.4.4 upgrade you need all the changed files.
Thank you I will get to it thenSmile. If i run into any problems I know where to go and who to blame hahahaha (just kidding of course)Wink.

Regards,

Martin
(2008-11-27, 08:34 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is to patch 1.4.3. You need the changed files pack, upload all the new files, and go to ./install/upgrade.php

Matt_ I'm not sure what your talking about. The patch he is talking about is the security fix to 1.4.3 and what he did is correct if all he wanted to do was to apply the security fix. The changed file package is only for those that want the bug fixes and the security patch and are running 1.4.3.
Yeah I re-read the post and realised after, edited my above post. Misunderstood something somewhere along the line. So yeah, if you only want security fixes, then the text patch is fine. I understood you wanted the full package which is where I went wrong. So I apologise for that, but just to clarify (as I'm sure you're even more confused now Toungue) neither of the two is wrong, the patches will give you the same security status as the full 1.4.4 package, and doing what I originally said (all the new files) will just benefit you even more as you'll have bug fixes as well.
I have a three more questions in regards to the update (not the patch but the full update).

1) Will it change any of the settings I changed in the adminstration area?
2) Will it change the lay-out changes I made to the template and theme (color and so on)?
3) I see that in the update there is the file admin but I changed my admin file name to something else do I need to change this back to admin?

Regards,

Martin
Pages: 1 2